Blackmoor 23rd September Society Challenge

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm booked into a guest house in Bordon Tuesday night, anyone want a quiet drink and meal out that night let me know.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rich please say your greens aren't slow at the moment. Got crucified on the slow greens I played on today!!
They had an inch of sand on them last time I played.:eek:

It was two weeks ago, since when we have had a load of rain, and some nice warm weather. Should be fine for Wednesday.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Did you manage to get hold of a Mariners tie for me?

and...any advice where to go for a nice drink and a decent steak or just good food?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lucky this is not Thursday weather forecast not good for then.

Rich could you have a word with the greenkeeper and ask him to move the tee forward we don't want any forummers laying up short of the ditch.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Rich could you have a word with the greenkeeper and ask him to move the tee forward we don't want any forummers laying up short of the ditch.
It would have to be half way down the fairway for some of us to clear the ditch.:eek: Last I saw the forecast looked good.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you manage to get hold of a Mariners tie for me?

and...any advice where to go for a nice drink and a decent steak or just good food?
Robin I couldn't get your tie, as my game with Dave the secretary of the Mariners was rained off.:( Are you playing at Liphook in October, as you could pick it up there ?

Farnham is your best bet for decent food. Great choice of restaurants, and only 15 minutes from Bordon. To be honest apart from the Golf Club I never go near Bordon or the surrounds.:eek: You can get a great Indian in Grayshott (Bayleaf) or Churt (Pipasha) which are probably 10 minutes from Bordon (up the A3 towards Hindhead) Grayshott also has a good Nepalese restaurant, the Gurkha Durbar.

Best steak in Farnham is at the Cote restaurant. It is in the Lion and Lamb yard which is off West Street. Ask Smiffy he had a steak there. I feel rotten not being able to join you, but i will not be back from the football until gone 11.00.

All this talk of food makes me realise how hungry I am.:eek:oo:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Big whack with a driver! Last time I was 10" from the ditch with the rescue club!