Blackmoor 23rd September Society Challenge

D

Deleted Member 1156

Post something useful; tell me all I need to know about visiting Niagara Falls……. ;)

Don't look behind you! The falls are spectacular but the shops are the Canadian equivalent of Blackpool on speed. Candy floss and 'kiss me quick' hats everywhere!! :eek:

There you go, useful consumer advice :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Post something useful; tell me all I need to know about visiting Niagara Falls……. ;)

Ok, it has to be seen from the Canadian side and as I'm sure you'd expect you need to have your passport to do that. The hotels on the Canadian side are really good, the Best Western is about a mile away and they gave us a big room with a huge jacuzzi.

The boat trip to the Horshoe Falls is an absolute must and, whilst we didn't do it, you can walk behind them too. The helicopter trip sounded good too and lasts about 10 minutes. We had lunch in the revolving Skylon tower which was ok but the view of the falls are magnificent on a clear day, you can pay and go to the viewing platform without the meal. Probably a good idea to remember your camera! The first time we saw them we drove down the road, turned at the end where the come in to view and they just took our breath away, if you're there a bit longer a drive to Niagra on the Lake is a must as it's beautiful.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Don't look behind you! The falls are spectacular but the shops are the Canadian equivalent of Blackpool on speed. Candy floss and 'kiss me quick' hats everywhere!! :eek:

There you go, useful consumer advice :D

Ok, it has to be seen from the Canadian side and as I'm sure you'd expect you need to have your passport to do that. The hotels on the Canadian side are really good, the Best Western is about a mile away and they gave us a big room with a huge jacuzzi.

The boat trip to the Horshoe Falls is an absolute must and, whilst we didn't do it, you can walk behind them too. The helicopter trip sounded good too and lasts about 10 minutes. We had lunch in the revolving Skylon tower which was ok but the view of the falls are magnificent on a clear day, you can pay and go to the viewing platform without the meal. Probably a good idea to remember your camera! The first time we saw them we drove down the road, turned at the end where the come in to view and they just took our breath away, if you're there a bit longer a drive to Niagra on the Lake is a must as it's beautiful.

Thank you both. Sorry for the threadjack richart.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Updates players and teams :

Mariners A : Richart and Liverpoolphil
TXL and Therod

Mariners B : Fish and Wookie
Pokerjoke and Twire (honorary Mariners)

GM Forum A : Smiffy and Chrisd
Hobbit and Swingalot

GM Forum B : Homer and Sawtooth
LIG and Paperboy

Hopefully everyone is happy with their partner and I will try and arrange for two Mariners to play with two GM Forumers. i.e we should be able to make up four 4 balls between us. We did this last year.

Mariners look to have much stronger teams, so I am expecting a fairly easy overall team win.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

Updates players and teams :

Mariners A : Richart and Liverpoolphil
TXL and Therod

Mariners B : Fish and Wookie
Pokerjoke and Twire (honorary Mariners)

GM Forum A : Smiffy and Chrisd
Hobbit and Swingalot

GM Forum B : Homer and Sawtooth
LIG and Paperboy

Hopefully everyone is happy with their partner and I will try and arrange for two Mariners to play with two GM Forumers. i.e we should be able to make up four 4 balls between us. We did this last year.

Mariners look to have much stronger teams, so I am expecting a fairly easy overall team win.:whistle:

Looks good Rich

Can see a great 4 ball with us two and the two old timers Smiffy and Chris - we should be able to cope with the smell of werthers and moth balls :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looks good, not for the first time I'm in a B-team at Blackmoor and guess which team won that day ;)

Not played with Homer before so that's good, but Simon & I are going to send Martin & Sean packing :p

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Looks good, not for the first time I'm in a B-team at Blackmoor and guess which team won that day ;)

Not played with Homer before so that's good, but Simon & I are going to send Martin & Sean packing :p
Only time I get in the A team is when I pick it.:eek:oo:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Saw Sean play my course really well recently having not been there before. He'll keep me in line and we'll be too good. Great draw and really looking forward to meeting you. Had a great time with LIG at H4H a few years back. Nice guy

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw Sean play my course really well recently having not been there before. He'll keep me in line and we'll be too good. Great draw and really looking forward to meeting you. Had a great time with LIG at H4H a few years back. Nice guy
Monty has done the business again.:thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought that was what I noticed when I last played with Smiffy!

Just remember Chris.
If you need to go for a "wee wee" half way round the course, do not stand too close to the gorse as you get "spray back".
That wasn't a good look you had last time, trust me.
It looked like a map of Africa down the front of your trousers
:mad::mad:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just remember Chris.
If you need to go for a "wee wee" half way round the course, do not stand too close to the gorse as you get "spray back".
That wasn't a good look you had last time, trust me.
It looked like a map of Africa down the front of your trousers
:mad::mad:

We all live and learn Rob - we don't have gorse on my course :lol: