I know :eek: but just a little help from you lot. So which one
a bit of info 28 H'cap slow swing the speed

Wilson Staff Dd6+ Driver 12 Deg Offset / Reg V2 shaft

Ping G5 Driver 12 Deg Offset / tfc 100 shaft

Mansell

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To be honest, either would do the trick.
Have you tried both of them?
The Wilsons got the better shaft so I'd probably go with that if you've tried both and they both seem to work.

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest, either would do the trick.
Have you tried both of them?
The Wilsons got the better shaft so I'd probably go with that if you've tried both and they both seem to work.

thanks Imurg, tried both and can't make up my mind
G5 as a good name, so what do you think of the Wilson

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't like offset drivers. It is a quick fix, but in the long term corecting your swing is a better option.

Depends how much work you want to do.

If just buying a driver to suit your swing, Ping, it will be easier to sell on.

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't like offset drivers. It is a quick fix, but in the long term corecting your swing is a better option.

Depends how much work you want to do.

If just buying a driver to suit your swing, Ping, it will be easier to sell on.

thank you, ;)

wackygolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the G5 12 Degree offset and it is really forgiving. I have a slow swing speed compared to the Tiger! and with a bit of draw it really gives me good distance I have not tried the Wilson but would highly recommend the Ping G5

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the G5 12 Degree offset and it is really forgiving. I have a slow swing speed compared to the Tiger! and with a bit of draw it really gives me good distance I have not tried the Wilson but would highly recommend the Ping G5

thanks for the reply, still 50/50 might try both again :D

T

thecraw

You wont go wrong with either, both very well made clubs and decent shafts. Have you tried them at the range to see which one your more consistant with?

Wilson Staff is very very under-rated and I am so biased towards Ping as I use mostly Ping gear and I trust their products.

If you are looking to possible punt it on in the future/trade in then I would also echo what was said before with regards to Ping getting the better price however that will probably be minimal now as the second hand trade in market is mince!

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
You wont go wrong with either, both very well made clubs and decent shafts. Have you tried them at the range to see which one your more consistant with?

Wilson Staff is very very under-rated and I am so biased towards Ping as I use mostly Ping gear and I trust their products.

If you are looking to possible punt it on in the future/trade in then I would also echo what was said before with regards to Ping getting the better price however that will probably be minimal now as the second hand trade in market is mince!

I can honestly say I had a good 15 minutes with each driver and being a high h/cap and inexperience, I could not make my mind up. they both felt as good as each other and are more or less the same price