best way to send a club by post?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'll be posting a putter in the FS section soon and want to be ready with the club all packaged properly.

Can you experienced sellers on here who've sold and posted single clubs before share your experience of what packaging to get and the best way to send?

Thanks

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i usually build my own boxes if i don't have any avilable.use plenty bubble wrap to protect the head and shaft and make sure the packaging is secure.

i would measure out the height of the club then cut 4 lengths of cardboard that was say 35" high and 4" across.i'd then use parcel tape to secure them all together to form the box shape then cut out 4" squared bits of cardboard for the top and bottom.

you would of thought it was the real deal lol!!!!

i always posted mine either by 1st class or standard parcel usually costing roughly £5-£6.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
cheers Wull, looks like a McGuyver job is the only way to go then, at least it will be super protected.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get a box from the pro shop and recently have used http://www.myhermes1.co.uk/ They collect and will do so from a "safe place" if you're not home. Very reasonable cost and tracked delivery. Beats a trip to the Post Office - see Bob's rant !!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the past I've asked for suitable boxes to post clubs from the pro shop at my local course... They've been more than happy to sort me out what I needed... Prefer to send clubs via courier services... I reccommend Hermes as they've have always proved reliable for me...

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get a box from the pro shop and recently have used http://www.myhermes1.co.uk/ They collect and will do so from a "safe place" if you're not home. Very reasonable cost and tracked delivery. Beats a trip to the Post Office - see Bob's rant !!

Thanks very much for that link Amanda, seems very good compared to Parcelforce or using the Post Office.

Will definitely use that in the future.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've sent loads of clubs via Standard Parcels in the past and never had an issue.
My PO (the very lovely Debs..!!) says the boxes are too long to go 2nd class so standard parcels @ £4.41 (I think) works fine.
From feedback via Ebay, most get delivered within 2 days.
Boxes are avaialable from AG or DG as well as Club Professionals too.
You can also buy them online - if you're going to make a habit of selling then it might be an idea as the other sources of boxes don't always have "stock"...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
thanks all, good advice there.

The pro shop for a box
The Hermes people to courier
plus I'd want it insured and signed for as scottys aint cheap.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
have you found the Odyssey you were looking for? Go on then, as an addict, what Scotty is it?

LOL no not found it yet but I'll definitly be buying a new putter of some sort over the next 2 months so might as well sell the Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.5 (pics in the whats in the bag thread)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
LOL no not found it yet but I'll definitly be buying a new putter of some sort over the next 2 months so might as well sell the Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.5 (pics in the whats in the bag thread)

thats me safe, already got one of them :) gl with the continued search, seems to be a lot of black series putters hitting ebay lately but not what youre looking for :(

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always found my pro very helpfull when it comes to giving away boxes, they get loads and always have some lying around taking up space. I have always used RM before but always found them on the top side on price so I will use a courier from now on.