best time to golf in spain

thomasmark71

Visit site
i know its personal preference but we want to golf in spain but still hang round the pool and sea
what month would you suggest
went mid june and it was too hot for golf but great for beach and pool
trying to find a happy balance

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
May is the best time, as you get the nice long evenings. Doesn’t get dark till well after 9.00 pm. Should get some decent twilight rates for golf.

End of September early October is also decent. Bear in mind the best weather for golf in Spain ties in with the most expensive green fees.

We have been on the beach in December, January in Southern Spain.:)

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think it depends where you go, obvious I know. however during the November to March I would suggest The Canary Islands, especially Tenerife in The South for golf, not necessarily the best beaches but plenty of nightlife and restaurants.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I played in July and with buggies and water the heat wasn't an issue at all.
That was around Estepona and we played a few different courses.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spain is a big country, north to south. It was 28* here in southeast Spain yesterday. Plenty of people on the beach, and just about perfect for golf. Sept, the last 2 years, has been very hot.

Maybe global warming but we’ve just had the hottest June to Oct on record. I’d say book either May/Oct. Expect very crowded courses from Oct to May, typically Scandinavian golfers.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
From the 3 years we lived there, I always felt like Sept - Nov were the best months for the weather being balanced. Avoid Feb, March and April, when you are more likely to drop unlucky with some wet weather. If you want it hot enough to go in a pool, then it will be hot when you are playing golf - personally, that's never been a issue for me but I would recommend a buggy, and drink a LOT of water.