Best score ever

kinhell

Head Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday and managed to get 81 and 11 under my handicap on a par 70 course. I've been having lessons and my driving has improved no end but still hadn't improved my results by that much until I read some comments on here last week about playing from 130 yards in. Someone had said that they just take an 8 iron and knock onto the green or run it up by just varying the lengths of the swing. I tried that yesterday and it worked a treat. The course was on 18 temps which were about 10ft in diameter and I managed to get in to putting distance on almost all of them. My partner and I won the match on the 17th and I tried a silly shot on the 18th and ended up with a double bogey. I hadn't realised that what my score was and that I could have broken 80 !!! So thanks to who ever it was who posted that. :clap:

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday and managed to get 81 and 11 under my handicap on a par 70 course. I've been having lessons and my driving has improved no end but still hadn't improved my results by that much until I read some comments on here last week about playing from 130 yards in. Someone had said that they just take an 8 iron and knock onto the green or run it up by just varying the lengths of the swing. I tried that yesterday and it worked a treat. The course was on 18 temps which were about 10ft in diameter and I managed to get in to putting distance on almost all of them. My partner and I won the match on the 17th and I tried a silly shot on the 18th and ended up with a double bogey. I hadn't realised that what my score was and that I could have broken 80 !!! So thanks to who ever it was who posted that. :clap:

Nice one, congrats mate. Sounds very Caddyshack.

D

Deleted member 15344

Congrats on the score - good shooting

Take that confidence into each round now :thup:

kinhell

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had some video lessons off a great pro and seeing myself make mistakes in my setup has focused me on concentrating every time I play a shot. I've been stuck at a low 20's handicap for a few years now but it seems to be coming together. Looking forward to getting my handicap down and winning more often against my golf partners.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had some video lessons off a great pro and seeing myself make mistakes in my setup has focused me on concentrating every time I play a shot. I've been stuck at a low 20's handicap for a few years now but it seems to be coming together. Looking forward to getting my handicap down and winning more often against my golf partners.

Good stuff , Now you got to do it on the full course in a comp to really know how far you have come , its a good start so keep going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EYG