Best 'pro' model

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like how many are aspiring to replicate the who's who of the golfing elite!

May be better to look at swings from the ladies and seniors tours, in all honesty.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love this swing.......Very similar to what im after.....In that im also a 1 planer.....Its him or Mahan for me but moreso Duff.......I think his rhythm is better than Mahan's....He's smoother...

intresting duffner video

[video=youtube;0mUsPIhiey0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mUsPIhiey0[/video]

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
interesting video, but highlights an issue a lot of people seem to talk about, de-lofting clubs - what's the point? Yes i can hit a 9 iron 180 yards if i de-loft it to a 6 iron, but i would rather hit a 6 iron?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never tried to compare or replicate my swing to any other golfer, I do not see the point. I think we can spend too much time trying to replicate something we might not be able to do. There is good reason that everyone has a different swing and that is everybody is different.

I could stand next to another forumer that is the same height and weight but our bodies could be very different. I have long/strong legs, but average length/strength arms and hands. The other bloke might have average legs, but big old gorilla hands on the end of big old popeye forearms. That will mean that we will have different swings, but we still may hit it just as good as each other and just as far.

I think that we can learn a lot from studying the pros, but trying to mimic a swing is not a good idea IMO.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
His was based on super-flexible joints. I've seen a photo of him touching a standard height ceiling with his foot!

So not one for stiff old buggars like you and me to try to emulate!

Hey! talk for yourself. Anyhow, you dont hit a golf ball with one foot above your head.

On that subject. I went to a local Yoga instructor and asked if he could get me to do the 'Splits' He asked me if I was very flexible?
I replied that I could do Tuesday Mornings or Thursday afternoons.