Best place for a first golf trip?

Ironman

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All
Need your help here please.
I want to arrange a golf trip for 6 to 8 mates, which will be a first for most of us.
We're already booked in for Celtic Manor in September and we're now thinking of a European trip.
Bearing in mind we're all over 50 (some over 60) and play off an average of 24, where would you recommend we go for a 5 day trip. Is the Algarve favourite...I read that green fees are quite expensive! Can anyone suggest a good tour organisation...the magazine has just so many adverts!
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Pro_V_wan_kenobi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Book a hotel near Torrimolinos or Benalmadina Hire a car and book the golf on line. Should be able to do it for about £650 per person for 5 rounds hotel and car. Good luck

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would recommend Turkey to you rather than the Algarve.
The euro for one has almost killed Portugal stone dead. Turkey is not affected by it and therefore you should find the green fees a bit more to your liking.
Also, the courses (according to friends of mine who have just come back from a week out there) are better than anything they've played in the Algarve.
I've got my name down for next year
;)

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As Smiffy said.

Im off to Turkey next Saturday for a week and im staying at the Xanadu hotel 5* High Class ;) All Inclusive 24 hour food and drink with 4 rounds on the Montgomerie, Faldo, Carrya, and Sultan. All for £800, which I think is a great deal.

It was booked through Alternative Travel.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you do enquire with Alternative Travel I would recommend you phone rather than e-mail. They tend to be slow to respond to e-mails.

pj1000

Banned
Visit site
Hi, I've used to go to a place in Costa Blanca called Cabo Roig. Myself and 3 other lads used to rent a villa with a pool for a week, there were at least 5 golf courses within 20 minutes drive and were fantastic. The weather is great this time of year, there was plenty of nitelife and Cabo Roig is between two airports - Alicante and Murcia, where low cost airlines fly into. Check it out. If you need a recommendation on a resort, let me know. I've been going there since 2003.

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Email thes guys have used them when going to malaga for the last 3 years will really help you out and the cheapest prices i could find we went down for 3 days 2 nights played 3 rounds was about 220 euro per person for golf(buggies included which i would recommend on any away trip) car hire and hotel have to organise the flights yourself.
Mike
www.golf-service.com Web site
info@golf-service.com Email