Best looking clubs

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just reading the "AP3" thread and someone said they thought they were the best looking clubs on the market.So got me thinking what clubs (not just irons) I find beautiful and thought whether what I thought was beautiful was reasonably universal or whether like in life, golf club beauty is in the eye of the beholder.I have always been a sucker for the look of blades so think the Mizuno MP-18s are just about the bet looking iron you can get, just wonderfully simple and sleek looking.Putter wise, the Scott Cameron's are always good looking, but also love the look of the Ping Anser especially in a bronze colour.Woods wise, I have never been a fan of the look of the adjustable weight system in woods, obviously I understand their functionality, I just don't like the aesthetics. I currently have a Titleist driver and think they generally have a very simple good looking driver range.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Know they're not for everyone but for me the 2017 M1 and M2 Drivers are really nice looking, love the way they look down by the ball, the contrast between the white and black looks superb.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
anything with a cavity is ugly.
Maxfli Aussie blades, FG59's. MP18's......gun metal finish cg1's
nothing with a 460 head is good looking. Titleist 983 maybe?
putter wise napa blade

my whole bag is fugly :D

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love the look of a modern MB club. The Titleist MB's are so nice, as are the new Callaway Apex MB's and the Mizuno MP4's. Would love a set of those, no way I could handle them at the minute though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I would go as far as to say almost everything Mizuno have ever made, with the exception of MP58 (fugley) look beautiful, including most of the woods as well.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If we're talking Mizuno then it has to be the MP-32, superb looks and very playable.

Otherwise there are lots of 60s/70s blades that I think are far better looking than any of today's offerings (surprise, surprise).

MacGregor and Wilson are highly regarded from this era and made some great looking clubs but there are plenty of British beauties from that period too (oh for the loss of British manufacturing).
Below are offerings from Slazenger, JB Halley & Ben Sayers.

Slazenger Plus International heads.jpg JB Halley backs.jpg Ben Sayers 3 & 4 irons.jpg

Last edited:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would go as far as to say almost everything Mizuno have ever made, with the exception of MP58 (fugley) look beautiful, including most of the woods as well.

Agreed, they do make lovely looking clubs.

No love for the Titleist 905R? A classic looking driver.

I did quite like the 909.

Still got my 975 and my 905 Titleist drivers, they don't seems to make ugly drivers.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Blades are generally much prettier than game improvement irons or cavity backs.

My personal top 5 are:

Mizuno MP 33
Wilson FG 62
Titleist MB 716
Callaway Prototype
Mizuno MP5

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Many bladed clubs are fantastic especially those made in Japan (Miura etc). Not many woods since the days of persimmon that I've really have really made me think they look great. Plenty of others the other way that have been ugly, but in many cases more so in the lower clubs from 8 iron-PW

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If my Treasurer had said yes I'd have bought a set of Titliest T-MB, 5 iron to wedge. But at £1,200 it was always going to be no. I now have 3 & 4 iron T-MB and AP3 after that.

Not quite the Mizuno TP9's I had many years ago, nor the Wilson Staff in the early 90's. Truthfully, I think the T-MB's are gorgeous.