Best GPS App (iPhone & Apple Watch)?

RandomReload

Visit site
I guess the title pretty much covers it, which do you guys find to be the best golf gps app currently available on iPhone & Apple Watch?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried out quite a few a couple of years ago and Hole 19 is the one I stuck with. Seemed to have the most accurate GPS, and you can input you score, numbers of putts, fairways hit and so on. Does the job for me. Don't know what it's like on a watch, I don't have one.

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve just this week downloaded to my phone My Round Pro, which is the Taylormade app. It looks promising with good functionality when I had a bit of a play with. Trying it for the first time in anger tomorrow so will update on how I find it.

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
I use Golfshot (free version) and have done for several months, seems ok but the free version is quite basic so might look again. The free version only supplies yardages to middle of green, not front and rear, and you cannot get distances to hazards etc.. This didn't use to bother me too much when only playing same course but since lockdown we have played different courses most weeks and this extra information would be useful on new tracks..

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use hole19 on iPhone and Apple Watch, works great for me. I have the paid version now so can’t remember if the free version gives yardages to hazards, but I used the freebie for a while and got on great with it. It does front middle and back, keep score, track rounds, basic stats etc.

I probably won’t bother with the paid version again though. I only bought it for the ‘shot by shot’ functionality which is designed to give you detailed stats on your game, club yardages etc. I found it too much of a faff to record each shot as I went along.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I use Hole 19. It used to be great at keeping the app open on Apple watch, but now I keep having to open it most times I check the yardage. Which is pretty annoying. I'd imagine it's a watch issue rather than an app issue.

However does the job. Also a good feature on the phone app where you can drag your target away from the green to check carries to any spot on the course.

YorkshireStu

Medal Winner
Visit site
Another thumbs up for Hole 19 from me.

Free, easy to use, GPS is accurate, calcs your Stableford points and records all the stats and scoring you'll need.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use Hole 19. It used to be great at keeping the app open on Apple watch, but now I keep having to open it most times I check the yardage. Which is pretty annoying. I'd imagine it's a watch issue rather than an app issue.

However does the job. Also a good feature on the phone app where you can drag your target away from the green to check carries to any spot on the course.

I had that issue, there is a way of fixing it, I emailed them and they told me how to do it. Also, if you double click the dial button on the side it opens up the last used app, easier than opening the watch and tapping the app icon.

Apologies if you already know this!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I had that issue, there is a way of fixing it, I emailed them and they told me how to do it. Also, if you double click the dial button on the side it opens up the last used app, easier than opening the watch and tapping the app icon.

Apologies if you already know this!

Didn't know about the double tap.

Thanks

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve used Golfshot for years and would recommend it.

The pro version is worth it for the small cost.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The good thing about the free version of hole 19 is that you can use the native GPS of the watch so you don’t drain your phone battery. The watch battery seems less drained at the end too.