Best Golf Club crests

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not American so I'm not using the word logo :)

Brora and Durness are both very cool, as is the New Zealand in Surrey. Of course, the ANGC badge is very cool too.

I'm surprised that more clubs don't put more emphasis on their crests, particularly if they're selling hats and polo shirts in the pro shop.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My club changed theirs about 4 years ago. A bit rubbish, made worse by the fact another local club clearly used the same cheap logo programme to develop their logo and came up with the same design, colours etc. Very uninspiring.

I agree @howbow88 a good logo does make you more inclined to buy the clubs own items. I don't own any from mine 🤷‍♀️

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours is even more simplistic....a ball bouncing into a hole....probably not representative of much of the golf played by the membership. 😆

logoWhite.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Here's ours..the chequer board relates to the original 9 holes built on land leased from the Prime Minister's country retreat which is less than a mile away.
Any sitting PM is also an Honorary member so expecting a new one in a few weeks..
1000003743.png

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Brett Vale's looks like it was made on Microsoft Paint in 1998.
Possibly whatever was around in 1993 when the course opened. This is the logo that appears on the website and is embroidered on club shirts.

We do have a crest in artificial turf in a raised bed at the entrance to the club, but I dont know whether there is any "provenance" to its use or whether it is something that has just been made up.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Ours wins a prize for the most plain and boring. I think that is meant to be a fox's heeed in the middle.

scrappy crest.jpg

S = Scraptoft

Last edited: