Best 1-11 you've seen for your team

C

c1973

Laudrup was a great player, one of them players who looked like they had a long body and shortish legs, with a low centre of gravity. Great player though.:thup:

Was Kanchelskis not the player he was at United and to a point Everton. He was frightening when he was at United, although obviously in a fantastic team.

Kanchelskis was still a very very good player at Ibrox, just not as good as Coop n Laudrup. You've obviously seen Laudrup from your comments, perhaps not Coop? One of the highest tributes you could pay to him would be when Ruud Gullit was asked who the best player he had ever seen was, he replied Davy Cooper.

Easily the most naturally gifted player I've seen, and I've seen quite a few top players.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kanchelskis was still a very very good player at Ibrox, just not as good as Coop n Laudrup. You've obviously seen Laudrup from your comments, perhaps not Coop? One of the highest tributes you could pay to him would be when Ruud Gullit was asked who the best player he had ever seen was, he replied Davy Cooper.

Easily the most naturally gifted player I've seen, and I've seen quite a few top players.

nuff said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js4PK73nIRs

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[Calum Patterson just got himself on the bench.Also would QUOTE=wrighty1874;1052058]Annti Niemi
Sandy Jardine
Arhtur Mann
Eddie Thomsom
Steven Pressley
Craig Levein
Thomas Flogel
Roald Jensen
Donald Ford
John Robertson
Bobby Prentice
Subs
Jim Cruikshank
Rene Moller
Stephane Adam
Tommy Murray
Jim Jefferies

If I was old enough to have seen them play then Dave Mackay and Alex Young would be the first names on the sheet.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[Calum Patterson just got himself on the bench.Also would QUOTE=wrighty1874;1052058]Annti Niemi
Sandy Jardine
Arhtur Mann
Eddie Thomsom
Steven Pressley
Craig Levein
Thomas Flogel
Roald Jensen
Donald Ford
John Robertson
Bobby Prentice
Subs
Jim Cruikshank
Rene Moller
Stephane Adam
Tommy Murray

Jim Jefferies

If I was old enough to have seen them play then Dave Mackay and Alex Young would be the first names on the sheet.
[/QUOTE]

Revised team after today heroic is
A.Niemi
S.Jardine capt

A.Mann
E.Thomson
S.Pressley
C.Levein
R.Jensen
T.Flogel
J.Robertson
D.Ford
T.Flogel
B.Prentice

Subs
J.McDonald
C.Patterson
T.Murray
J.Jefferies
R.Moller

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
1. Theo Snelders

2. Stewart McKimmie
3. David Robertson
4. Alex McLeish
5. Willie Miller

6. Neale Cooper
7. Gordon Strachan
8. Eoin Jess

9. Hans Gilhaus
10. Eric Black
11. Scott Booth

Jesus we've had some good players over the years!

Russell Amderson only player in the current team to have even a sniff of getting near the bench sadly......

Last edited:

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He might get on the bench, but if you really cast your mind back, he probably wouldn't. You've had some quality players over the years.
1. Theo Snelders

2. Stewart McKimmie
3. David Robertson
4. Alex McLeish
5. Willie Miller

6. Neale Cooper
7. Gordon Strachan
8. Eoin Jess

9. Hans Gilhaus
10. Eric Black
11. Scott Booth

Russell Amderson only player in the current team to have even a sniff of getting near the bench sadly......

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
He might get on the bench, but if you really cast your mind back, he probably wouldn't. You've had some quality players over the years.

You're right, probably nowhere near but have to look for crumbs of comfort with the current shower we have!

Some really good players left out of that team aswell......

D

Deleted member 15344

1. Theo Snelders

2. Stewart McKimmie
3. David Robertson
4. Alex McLeish
5. Willie Miller

6. Neale Cooper
7. Gordon Strachan
8. Eoin Jess

9. Hans Gilhaus
10. Eric Black
11. Scott Booth

That's a really good team there

Though Eion Jess would be a cracking player in the Prem. Very talented

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Sky Sports' The Fantasy Football Club and especially where the ex pro picks their all time 1-11 from their ex team mates. Taking this and running with it what is the best 1-11 you can pick from the team you support? You must have seen them play.

I'm a Middlesbrough fan, so here is mine;

GK - Stephen Pears. Brilliant shot stopper. Called into a few England squads but injury prevented him ever getting a cap.
CB - Gareth Southgate. Brilliant game reader.
CB - Jonathan Woodgate. Injury prone but undoubted world class in his pomp.
LB - Christian Ziege. Awesome in defence and attack. No loyalty though!
RB - Danny Mills. Our weakest area. Was either him, Luke Young or Neil Cox. Decent 7/10 solid performer.
CM - Emerson. Outstanding, when he could be bothered. Best single performance in a Boro shirt I've seen.
CM - Gaizka Mendieta. Couldn't believe we signed him. Awesome, but injury prone. World class. Settled in the area after hanging his boots up.
RM - Stuart Ripley. Boyhood hero. Seemed to get a goal or an assist every game.
LM - Stuart Downing. Best crosser of a ball from the left side England have had. Lost his way when he left us but a quality player.
AM - Juninho. World Cup winner. Local legend. Top, top player.
FW - Fabrizio Ravenelli. Again couldn't believe we signed him.

Subs
GK Schwarzer
CB Tony Mowbray
CM Robbie Mustoe
RM Adam Johnson
AM John Hendrie
FW Alen Boksic
FW Marco Branca

Rightback = John Craggs.
CB = I'd drop Southgate for Willie Maddren, or play 3 CB's.
CM, Emerson was the best midfielder I ever saw in a Boro shirt. But I'd drop your Mendieta, and put in Mark Proctor.
LM = drop Downing for Wilf Mannion.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rightback = John Craggs.
CM, Emerson was the best midfielder I ever saw in a Boro shirt. But I'd drop your Mendieta, and put in Mark Proctor.

Did you not see Cloughie, Brian?:whistle:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You left Dalglish out of your side so lost you're right to comment LB....:ears:

Up until Suarez it would have been the king, but Suarez is the most skilful player I've ever seen, and a goalscorer as well. I already had a few Scottish in, didn't want to look parochial.;)

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're old enough to have seen Wilf Mannion, then I struggle to see how Bobby Murdoch fails to get in. Took you to the top of the old First division
Rightback = John Craggs.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If you're old enough to have seen Wilf Mannion, then I struggle to see how Bobby Murdoch fails to get in. Took you to the top of the old First division

Didn't see Mannion play - didn't read the thread title properly. Not including Murdoch was a tough choice. Murdoch was very much on the wane when he came to the Boro. Others did the huffing/puffing/tackling, gave him the ball and he'd land it on a sixpence - superbly creative.

Best laugh I had at a match; Jim Platt's testimonial. Murdoch has the ball in the centre circle. Craig Johnston, by then at L'pool, charges in to tackle Murdoch - "Ole!" and again and again. Johnston couldn't get near him.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
1. Antti Niemi
2. Nathaniel Clyne
3. Michael Svensson
4. Dejan Lovren
5. Luke Shaw
6. Morgan Schneiderlin
7. Matt Le Tissier
8. Adam Lallana
9. Gareth Bale
10. Rickie Lambert
11. Alan Shearer

Hard to believe but Ricky wouldn't get into my top MTFC team ! We had him first you know !