Belt Accessory

Sultanauk

Visit site
Watching the Hero World Challenge, I’ve noticed players wearing what looks like a pager on the backside of their belts. Obviously it isn’t a pager, can someone enlighten me to what it is?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could be heart monitors to see how they deal with stress.
Footballers wear them in a harness but a golfer couldn’t wear one of them.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If they’re all wearing them then I have no clue. If it’s one or two it could be a variety of reasons.

Didn’t Chris DiMarco used to wear something similar to monitor his diabetes?

D

Deleted member 23270

There was a pretty clear and loud F bomb from Rose earlier so I reckon they are mikes :ROFLMAO:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Watching the Hero World Challenge, I’ve noticed players wearing what looks like a pager on the backside of their belts. Obviously it isn’t a pager, can someone enlighten me to what it is?
They’ve said it’s a gps tracker. They’ve been using it on the korn ferrie tour to provide all sorts of in depth stats. Probably testing it for rollout on the PGA next year.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
They’ve said it’s a gps tracker. They’ve been using it on the korn ferrie tour to provide all sorts of in depth stats. Probably testing it for rollout on the PGA next year.
Yea it's a new addition to the website showing scoring, distances etc. apparently still in early stages and quite resource hungry regarding manpower to operate the whole system but I'm sure that'll get easier as it develops.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There was a pretty clear and loud F bomb from Rose earlier so I reckon they are mikes :ROFLMAO:
As longs as Sky apologises its OK. They can say what ever curse laden f bombs, m bombs, s bombs, w bombs, and c bombs they want. The world is fine with it as long as the commentators apologise for any offence one may have taken.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Yea it's a new addition to the website showing scoring, distances etc. apparently still in early stages and quite resource hungry regarding manpower to operate the whole system but I'm sure that'll get easier as it develops.
As long as it’s better than that whoop mass marketing exercise a few seasons ago.