Beginner question

Newky

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a beginner and also new to this forum and have a question regarding my swing.

I'm able to hit a pretty good shot with most clubs however the ball almost always veers off to the right. I see the problem to likely originate in my wrists as the club face hits the ball at an angle and obviously not flush as the club starts before the swing.

Any tips on encouraging a 'flush' hit of the ball?

Thanks!

Newky

Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Does the ball start straight then curve to the right or does it go straight right?

Hi thanks.

Straight right.

I've actually been working on the shot in the garden with a wedge and the problem seems likely to be standing too far away from the ball. I solved it with the wedge by standing much closer. Haven't tried with an iron or driver though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
hello and welcome to the forum.
Enjoy! :)

You say you are a beginner, have you had any lessons from a local pro?

A very good question.
Perhaps if you could video your swing so we can see, we may be able to help. But what you can do is check your grip. There's lots of stuff on youtube that will help you.

Newky

Visit site
A very good question.
Perhaps if you could video your swing so we can see, we may be able to help. But what you can do is check your grip. There's lots of stuff on youtube that will help you.

Thanks. I plan to get more lessons from a pro soon. If I really get stuck I'll come back with a video but so far standing closer to the ball seems to solve the issue

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I nearly took a lady out on another hole with one a couple of weeks ago, shame I missed her though I could have laughed about the shot (we shall not mention the name of).

By the way not in the habit of trying to hit people with golf balls it is just that she is an absolute ****, who upset my girlfriend on the course the other week....:temper:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I nearly took a lady out on another hole with one a couple of weeks ago, shame I missed her though I could have laughed about the shot (we shall not mention the name of).

By the way not in the habit of trying to hit people with golf balls it is just that she is an absolute ****, who upset my girlfriend on the course the other week....:temper:

teach your gf how to do it on demand... revenge is sweet ;)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Taking her out on another hole!! Not a lot of room for a bandage then?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
blocking the ball straight right is usually in my humble opinion the result of not fully releasing the club after impact. this also creates slices to the right.

watch this video and see if it helps

[video=youtube;OZ7mHq0zlXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ7mHq0zlXQ[/video]