Bedtime reading

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
There will now be a short - or more likely long - intermission. I've just returned from a seniors class at the local golf centre to find the postie had delivered my reading homework. I'm about to open my shiny new copy of the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf 2023.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
There will now be a short - or more likely long - intermission. I've just returned from a seniors class at the local golf centre to find the postie had delivered my reading homework. I'm about to open my shiny new copy of the Official Guide to the Rules of Golf 2023.

Enjoy!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Looking at the changes one that stood out was the removal of having to put your handicap on the card (was Course Handicap) - so other than your name and gross scores what do you need the enter (date, comp, ???)

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
The removal of the requirement to put your handicap on the card leaves you responsible only for entering your gross scores, and for your signature and your marker's signature. [Rule 3.3b]

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The removal of the requirement to put your handicap on the card leaves you responsible only for entering your gross scores, and for your signature and your marker's signature. [Rule 3.3b]
..plus indicating which tees you are using I’d have thought? Sorry if that goes without saying.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

I must get my Tulgey woods and Vorpal blades out for a game!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Can this be downloaded somewhere?

My bed is for sleeping in:LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The amount of people I play with now who do not know the basic rules is frightening, specially where to drop the ball from relief or a penalty.

Probably a vast number of golfers never read the rule book (or even the Local Rules on the back of the card) and learn by being told by others which leads to the problem when was the last time the person giving the advice read the book themselves.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
..plus indicating which tees you are using I’d have thought? Sorry if that goes without saying.

All is now revealed, thanks to Rulefan. The answer to your question is that indicating which tees you played wasn't previously a requirement and still isn't. The club would have to make it a requirement and, if thought necessary, deal with failure to do so as a breach of club discipline not of rule of golf.

Swango1980

Visit site
Maybe the don't want to incur a penalty and simply want confirmation.
These are pretty common occurrences though. A golfer, who has played for a while, may well be seeking confirmation to avoid a penalty. However, it is still frightening that they still need to do this (and so many club golfers), as you'd expect them to know the rule inside out by now. Many of these golfers must have had to take relief hundreds of times before in the past.

Ian_George

Visit site
These are pretty common occurrences though. A golfer, who has played for a while, may well be seeking confirmation to avoid a penalty. However, it is still frightening that they still need to do this (and so many club golfers), as you'd expect them to know the rule inside out by now. Many of these golfers must have had to take relief hundreds of times before in the past.
Still probably want it confirmed! Pros certainly very often get it confirmed!