Becoming professional / ability to play tournaments

ddefoe6271

Visit site
Hi,

I have been playing full time for the last 5 years and have a question...

Everywhere I look i get completely confused as to how i can register myself as professional to start competing in some of the 3rd tier tournaments?? It always seems to mention degrees and online courses.

I do not understand why i can't register myself and then just pay the tournament fee to play? Am i missing something?

Many thanks for your help :)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect the information you have been looking at is on how to become a PGA professional - and there are basically 2 routes to that.

If you are looking to head straight into tournament golf as a professional then I believe the only requirement is for you to meet the entry qualifications of the event you wish to enter, pay your entry fee and play. You are no longer an amateur golfer.

D

Deleted member 15344

All depends on what events

As Duncan said - and PGA regional events you must be a qualified PGA Pro to enter

There is events like the Jamega Tour where you can pay to enter but believe you must be a Cat 1 at the very least

There there is things like the Euro Pro Tour where you need to qualify to play in events

ddefoe6271

Visit site
Oh...ok. No i do not want to become a pga professional.

I thought this as well...what is the benefit of being an amateur golfer then?

Also is there a list of tournaments/tours that are available for this type of entry?

I would assume that the european tour is not the same as this....at what level does it change/ what do you need for different tours? Are there tiers?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh...ok. No i do not want to become a pga professional.

I thought this as well...what is the benefit of being an amateur golfer then?

Also is there a list of tournaments/tours that are available for this type of entry?

I would assume that the european tour is not the same as this....at what level does it change/ what do you need for different tours? Are there tiers?

what index (handicap level) are you ?