Be careful about complaining.....

Seamer

Hacker
Visit site
That's just ridiculous, as a 26 year old I'm all for a bit of modernisation, I use my mobile phone to track my scores, and tea should always be served in a mug.. but to ban old fellas who object to changes is just cruel.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not bothered about china cups but I hope I never see anyone playing golf in jeans at my club, as for mobile phones the only place for them is in the glove box of the car not on the course.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Got to be more to this story than meets the eye surely.

Expressing disappointment in standards is surely not enough to justify a ban. I would think there must have been other members who would also not want jeans to become acceptable attire!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does tea taste any different from china cups? Bit OTT to exclude long standing members for voicing their displeasure though.

6 hour rounds would have me leaving there anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What if the old guys sat in the clubhouse constantly complaining? It drags other members down, puts off visitors. They have complained about things that sound pretty pathetic to me. The club is a business, they are protecting their business.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What if the old guys sat in the clubhouse constantly complaining?

haha...like that doesn't happen :rofl:

I bet there isn't a club in the land that doesn't have a crowd of seniors moaning every day, week in, week out. Guy I play with is 62, Jesus H Christ, my ears are bleeding listening to him for 18 holes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We actually have this issue at my place at the moment. Constant poison in the clubhouse can be very destructive. Some members may not survive the full 12 months.

There is a big difference between a grumble, standard, and poison.

D

Deleted member 18588

haha...like that doesn't happen :rofl:

I bet there isn't a club in the land that doesn't have a crowd of seniors moaning every day, week in, week out. Guy I play with is 62, Jesus H Christ, my ears are bleeding listening to him for 18 holes.

Agreed

In fact, as a group, the only people who moan more than senior golfers are taxi drivers.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bitter blow to free speech?

The manager comes off worse than the guys complaining here and reading the article that took some doing!