Battery Leaf Blower

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I’m looking for recommendations for a battery powered leaf blower, got a large sycamore and a large silver birch in my garden full of yellowing leaves, so expecting a big dump soon!

B&Q have this Ryobi that looks ok but if anyone has any other suggestions I would welcome them…

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We rarely bother with the blower. For all leaves on flat areas (lawn, patio, driveway, paths, etc) we just run the mower over them with a slightly higher setting. Collects and mulches them in one operation. Ideal for composting or other disposal. Also use the mower to do a similar job with bush and shrub prunings as it substantially reduces volume of waste.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have tried cordless and electric, but as I want a blower/vac I have an Echo 2 stroke petrol toy. So much better at sucking and shredding everything into it.
I am now down to2 Acer's, a Magnolia, Apple and large Laurel bush in the back garden.
I did used to have 1 apple, 3 cherries, magnolia, eucalyptus and a pear tree.
Blowing leaves never seemed make life easy, would rather just vac them straight into the bag.

RichA

Visit site
Never thought I'd bother with a leaf blower but got a mini Makita one free with a strimmer a couple of years ago. It uses the same 18v batteries as my other Makita stuff.

It's only slightly bigger than a hairdryer but the power is comically high.

I'd recommend getting one that uses the same batteries as other tools you own, rather than any specific brand.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Never thought I'd bother with a leaf blower but got a mini Makita one free with a strimmer a couple of years ago. It uses the same 18v batteries as my other Makita stuff.

It's only slightly bigger than a hairdryer but the power is comically high.

I'd recommend getting one that uses the same batteries as other tools you own, rather than any specific brand.

I do have a Bosch 36v battery hammer drill with 3 batteries but the naked Bosch blower seems a bit expensive.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have tried cordless and electric, but as I want a blower/vac I have an Echo 2 stroke petrol toy. So much better at sucking and shredding everything into it.
I am now down to2 Acer's, a Magnolia, Apple and large Laurel bush in the back garden.
I did used to have 1 apple, 3 cherries, magnolia, eucalyptus and a pear tree.
Blowing leaves never seemed make life easy, would rather just vac them straight into the bag.

Wanted to steer clear of petrol as I will only be using it a few times a year. My chainsaw struggles when left with fuel in it for a while.