Ball Washers.....

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One every tee but I don't use them anymore .
played a very famous course put my ball in the washer , noticed a funny smell as I was about to pick ball up.
somebody had drained the water and had a piss in it .
so big decision pick it out or loose a newish pro V1.
I left it there

Could be worse.
At Littlehampton the far end of the course is next to a camp site [or was in 1969]
Every day for a fortnight one of the campers used the hole cup as a No2 base.:eek:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can never understand why most golf courses have a ball washer on the first tee.

I thought that too.

But then realised that not everyone starts at the 1st. We have 3 starts so the first is also the 7th and the 12th.

Anyhow, its good to make a nice splashy noise with it as someone is about to start their game. At least it distracts them from the noise of the air hose which is just behind the tee.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not many on our course but cannot recall exactly - all par 3's for sure - will count them tomorrow when I play

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Aaargh.

This thread was edgy enough without you introducing a cliffhanger!

I know you were waiting with baited breath for the answer - was really surprised and found that we have 16 - sure I only ever use a fraction of them and some are positioned such that you would never get near to them as closer to ladies or yellow tees.

Hope you can sleep now....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They really are pointless things.

If your ball is really dirty by the time you are looking to tee off then you probably should have cleaned it before you putted out on the last hole.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you were waiting with baited breath for the answer - was really surprised and found that we have 16 - sure I only ever use a fraction of them and some are positioned such that you would never get near to them as closer to ladies or yellow tees.

Hope you can sleep now....

LOL thanks mate.

It's been a long day waiting though!