Ball in part of bunker that'd fell away...

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This is a strange occasion which happened last week. FC ball had come to rest in what can be described as a landslide or slippage which was basically a small part of a bunker wall had come away and in the crack the ball had come to rest and was basically unplayable. As a friendly game he just picked up and dropped a few yards away but what would be the correct call in competitive play?

The ball was effectively in the bunker if looked at the line of it but in the crack of earth that usually would be outside it, my take was drop in the bunker but under penalty? we couldn't agree in the bar afterwards :eek:

Thanks!

If any further clarification needed just shout.

D

Deleted member 15344

This is a strange occasion which happened last week. FC ball had come to rest in what can be described as a landslide or slippage which was basically a small part of a bunker wall had come away and in the crack the ball had come to rest and was basically unplayable. As a friendly game he just picked up and dropped a few yards away but what would be the correct call in competitive play?

The ball was effectively in the bunker if looked at the line of it but in the crack of earth that usually would be outside it, my take was drop in the bunker but under penalty? we couldn't agree in the bar afterwards :eek:

Thanks!

If any further clarification needed just shout.

Unless it had been marked GUR then it would be a penalty drop i understand

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Would you drop in the bunker or due to the nature of the slippage argue that it can be dropped outside?

It's a question of fact if it is in the bunker or not. You can't argue it can be dropped outside if it is inside!!

If in the bunker then has to be dropped in the bunker no nearer the hole. I have seen a situation where the ball was at the extreme back edge of the bunker where the only option was to go back under stroke and distance as there was nowhere to drop.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We still need a couple of specific points clearing up otherwise we could be speculating forever.

Was the ball within the bunker margins and was the area declared/marked as GUR?

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We still need a couple of specific points clearing up otherwise we could be speculating forever.

Was the ball within the bunker margins and was the area declared/marked as GUR?

Here you go...

The ball was effectively in the bunker if looked at the line of it but in the crack of earth that usually would be outside it, my take was drop in the bunker but under penalty? we couldn't agree in the bar afterwards
It's hard to describe... the lump of earth that the ball was sitting in-between had slid into to bunker and you effectively had a round bunker usually but on this occasion a round bunker with a nipple on :eek: due to the slippage...

There was no obvious GUR markings.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the original line/edge of the bunker is assumed, was the ball outside that line or on the bunker side?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
seems clear to me the ball was within the bunker margins, so drop in bunker under penalty or back to place last shot played from under S&D