Ball back in the stance for a draw?

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
I seem to have read or watched somewhere that if you move the ball back in the stance and play a normal stroke the ball will draw naturally without having to change anything to your swing or alignment.

I am at uni at the moment so I can't try this out, so if anyone can try it or tell me that it works will be very useful.

If it does work then surely this is the safest way to play the draw.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not quite as simple as that. It's where your clubface impacts the ball on the swing arc and the clubs face angle (open) at impact relative to something or other :mad:.

James will be along shortly to explain ball flight law as I, to be honest, am only beginnig to understand it and don't want to give you duff information.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As and edit. Tappers has just posted this as a sticky in the lounge

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?35595-Ball-flight-laws

Slight pedantic semantics - but...

I believe the above sticky-ed thread should be renamed to 'Ball Path Laws' of 'Flight of Ball Laws'

The Ball Flight Laws that the USPGA (and I believe the UK PGA) state are the (5) laws about what influences flight of the ball. There is no debate about the validity of those laws.

The (9) ball paths that the USPGA and UK PGA training manuals specify appear to differ. The UK PGA use those from (recommended reading of) a 1968 book 'Search for the Perfect Swing' and those 'laws' match the 'New' ones

Back OT...

Back in stance works best for me - though I'm a natural fader. Encourages/demands an in-to-out swing.

Last edited: