Bag Boy S-260 Stand Bag

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Is anyone familiar with these? They normally retail at £160 but I have a chance off picking up a brand new one at £80.
Fully waterproof and the spec looks good but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them.
Thanks in advance. (y)
bbsbttdbc_techno_trekker_dri.857x1000.jpg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I would agree. It's a name I have heard of before and I have seen there bags in the shops but probably not getting the price because it is not a big brand in the UK. I think I'll go for it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a bagboy stand bag years ago, it looked great, was lightweight and was sent back within 3 weeks with burst stitching almost everywhere.

May be a one off but I wouldn't buy another.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Well it's coming from a reputable source so I know I can hand it back if there's an issue. I saw some Bag Boy bags at a shop in Ireland while I was over there and I thought they looked OK. Waterproof is a real bonus up here as you know. ;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Bag Boy Technowater stand bag, granted it hasn't been used in 2 years but prior to that it went 2 full seasons, travelled abroad a few times (so chucked about a bit) and it's still in perfect nick. 14 full length dividers so makes it a wee bit heavier but not massively so.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I have an old Bag Boy trolley, built like the proverbial brick ----house.
Really good quality, made from aluminium but it weighs a ton and to lift it you'd think it was cast iron!

This probably doesn't help you with a new stand bag but thought I'd add it anyway.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
OK, well I've picked it up. First impressions? Build quality is good, plenty of room for all the clubs and feels well balanced once I set up the straps to my liking. Like a lot of modern bags the grab handle over the putter well doesn't allow a mallet headed putter to sit there but that's easily solvable by putting the driver there and moving the putter to the side. Nice big ball pocket and insulated pocket for drinks. There is also a velvet lined pocked for valuables as well as a bottom side pocket for other bits. The main large side pocket is a little narrower than I would like and so you are limited to what you can carry but that is probably not a bad thing to stop me from overloading it.
For £80 for a fully waterproof stand bag I'm pretty happy with it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Just a small update on this. Now using this regularly as I tend to carry during the winter and whilst it's not been tested in full rain conditions as yet, comfort wise I'm very pleased. It's got nice thick padded straps and it seems very well balanced so that it's not tiring to carry, even with a full set of clubs, clothing and balls in it.
There are plenty of pockets so have to be careful not to overload them although the clothing pocket is a little on the small side.
As I said above, the stand could do with opening wider so I have to be careful when I put it down (could be tricky in the strong winds we get on our course).
All in all a thumbs-up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm going to be buying a new bag (for Christmas - rarely get to buy anything for myself any other time of the year :) ). I was a carry man but mostly these days use push trolley. I'd still like to carry from time to time so thinking of replacing my bit knacked Ping Hoofer (the padding around the dividers has worn through and my clubs are resting on bare hard plastic) with a new Ping as my Hoofer sits well on my trolley. And the Bag Boy in OP is v similar to the Hoofer. I can get a Ping Hoofer for £110. So not inclined to spend more. But as for the OP I would welcome idea of alternatives.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a small update on this. Now using this regularly as I tend to carry during the winter and whilst it's not been tested in full rain conditions as yet, comfort wise I'm very pleased. It's got nice thick padded straps and it seems very well balanced so that it's not tiring to carry, even with a full set of clubs, clothing and balls in it.
There are plenty of pockets so have to be careful not to overload them although the clothing pocket is a little on the small side.
As I said above, the stand could do with opening wider so I have to be careful when I put it down (could be tricky in the strong winds we get on our course).
All in all a thumbs-up.

Strong winds on East Ren? never - when windy not strong - only gales :)

SasquatchSQ

Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, seems closely related enough:

Is it generally worth it to get a (carry bag) with 14 dividers? Does this stop the club clatter, or does it not really help?