Bag advice

TheChamp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a new golf bag. Got my eye on a Callaway FT Tour bag.

Can anyone advise me how well a staff bag will sit on an electric trolley (powakaddy)? Would i have to position the bag a certain way for it to work properly.

Thanks.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mines fits good on my trolley. I put the bag so the clothes pocket(the massive one) faces towards the ground. This way it gives you easy access to the ball pockets etc.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's the down side with a Tour Bag
Not all pockets are easily accessed.
A Cart bag has all pockets in reach when its on a trolley.

Lets face it, Tour Bags are meant to be carried by your Caddie not by a PK/GK/HB etc etc

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers for the replies. The FTI bag i'm looking at is this one here...

http://www.mcguirksgolf.com/callaway-ft9-tour-authentic-golf-bag/cala0301_1pd.html

Hadn't thought about the access issues. I just think the 'tour' bags look much better than the cart bags. A decision of style over functionality i guess.
That non cart version will be a pain in the arse, look how much 'bag' is stopping the base from being located easily onto the foot/surface of the cart. I have a mid 90's Mizuno tourbag and had it on a trolley once and it was more than akward, everything from the umbrella to the side zips were impeded by the cart straps.
I see it as pretty simple, if you carry or have a caddy, tourbag it is. If you use a cart, use a cart bag.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are they not the same thing for all intents and purposes Bob? Bags that are to be mounted rather than carried? All pockets etc mounted on front and sides with nothing on the back as they would be akward to reach.

TheChamp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a stunning bag, but like a model girlfriend, it's all well and good looking at it and for it being the envy of your mates, but if it's a pain in the backside then eventually it's gonna get binned.

Anyone else stick a tour bag on a trolley (cart) and think it is ok?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yep, have a tour bag that goes on the motocaddy and have no problems at all. sits on the trolley fine and can access all the pockets if its put on on its side at the right angle.

A

Alex1975

yep, have a tour bag that goes on the motocaddy and have no problems at all. sits on the trolley fine and can access all the pockets if its put on on its side at the right angle.

umm, I seem to remember your bag falling off your trolley and the battery and trolley collapsing in a pile on the floor in the rain on Saturday?!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site

umm, I seem to remember your bag falling off your trolley and the battery and trolley collapsing in a pile on the floor in the rain on Saturday?!
Muhahaha! Must have been the wrong angle.

A

Alex1975

Muhahaha! Must have been the wrong angle.

He had his umbrella attaced to the handle and the wind got under it. I missed the hole thing as I was standing in the PISSING rain with a tshirt on

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
He had his umbrella attaced to the handle and the wind got under it. I missed the hole thing as I was standing in the PISSING rain with a tshirt on
Rainy day tshirt golf rocks! You get the same feeling as coming off a footy or rugby pitch filthy.... its been a hard fought day but enjoyable. Come off completely spotless and your a wimp! haha.

A

Alex1975

Rainy day tshirt golf rocks! You get the same feeling as coming off a footy or rugby pitch filthy.... its been a hard fought day but enjoyable. Come off completely spotless and your a wimp! haha.

I am so at home on the golf course now a days that it did not bother me at all from a shot making point of view. I hate wet weather gear, though i would have used it if i had it with me. :p