Bad golf balls you find

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
One of my playing partners yesterday was looking in the bushes for his ball. Didn’t find it but found similar, a ball with a company logo but no brand. Went straight back into the bushes.

Not wanting to sound like Chris Packham here but this is a real bugbear of mine. Losing balls is part and parcel of the game but this sort of thing is just littering, pick it up and bin it if you don't want it.

My club recently spent some time clearing a pond in front of one of our greens, the amount of balls dredged up from the bottom and off the banks was quite shocking. We seem to turn a blind eye to it as golfers but if it were plastic bottles instead there would be uproar.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I found a ProV1 the other day - I don't use ProV1s as I never really liked them (too firm for me), but I still picked it up. Couldn't bring myself to leave it there, would be like leaving a £2 coin on the ground. ? I'll use it as a provisional or something.

I generally pick up premium balls if I find them, and as above use as provisional or when I'm playing 9 holes with the wife. Srixon/Callaway/etc soft balls I'll pick up for my wife's bag. Dunlop Slazenger and the like I just leave them there.

Ref the ones you leave. My not keep them for the range? Must be as good as or better than the range balls?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ref the ones you leave. My not keep them for the range? Must be as good as or better than the range balls?
I don't really go to the driving range. Anything I find that I wouldn't use I actually tend to throw it out into a slightly more visible area so someone who possibly would use it can find it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We used to have a game against a load of Swedish at Nairn Hickory against modern. A couple of guys I played against had payed out for some replica gutty balls £25 a pair and when arriving in Scotland were keen to try them so they all went to one of the local municipal courses in Edinburgh, all of them were stollen by kids..? bet the kiss were not overly pleased once they looked at them later ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I like to think at our course we find a better class of golf ball. ;)
If I find a ball that isn't one I want to play, I just leave it in a findable place in the rough. I'm sure somebody will use it.