Bad golf balls you find

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
One of my playing partners yesterday was looking in the bushes for his ball. Didn’t find it but found similar, a ball with a company logo but no brand. Went straight back into the bushes.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I keep them all and use them at the 9 hole course over the road from me during the week. It's really tight with large swathes of high rough, so very easy for me to lose balls. Not willing to lose an AVX, but a Srixon Distance, Top Flite Tour (hahahaha!) or Similar, couldn't care.
However, if I find a Dunlop, Slazenger or total brick, I still have some standards. ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I keep them all and use them at the 9 hole course over the road from me during the week. It's really tight with large swathes of high rough, so very easy for me to lose balls. Not willing to lose an AVX, but a Srixon Distance, Top Flite Tour (hahahaha!) or Similar, couldn't care.
However, if I find a Dunlop, Slazenger or total brick, I still have some standards. ?

And this is the reason you shouldn’t believe everything you read online, blatant lie!

I can’t remember the brand but I found a ball about a mouth ago that had - distance & tour soft written all over it. The biggest contradicting statements. I hit this for a giggle…. It wasn’t pleasant.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found a ProV1 the other day - I don't use ProV1s as I never really liked them (too firm for me), but I still picked it up. Couldn't bring myself to leave it there, would be like leaving a £2 coin on the ground. ? I'll use it as a provisional or something.

I generally pick up premium balls if I find them, and as above use as provisional or when I'm playing 9 holes with the wife. Srixon/Callaway/etc soft balls I'll pick up for my wife's bag. Dunlop Slazenger and the like I just leave them there.

Bobthesock

Visit site
If I find an old topflite or whatever I leave it where I found it but sat right up in the rough. I know full well the next person who goes there looking for there ball will think for a good few seconds it is theirs. Then kaboom. Disappointment sets in

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Seems to be the juniors finding and selling the Pro Vs round our place.

Theres a few people selling decent nick ones for 50p a ball so they aren't out of the price bracket for juniors.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A few years ago was out helping to look for a body of someone that had jumped from the Kessock bridge, we walked the entire shore line at castle Stuart. found dozens of balls some right old crap, none of which were kept and chucked back in the sea. Not sure who would pay all that money to play there and use no better than a range ball.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Found a Srixon Tri-speed. I usually avoid any ball with any form of 'branding' in it's name - but the marketing calls this a premium ball - but looking at the price some places price it definitely as very sub-premium. That said Titleist Tour Soft and Tour Distance balls seem priced just below ProVs so must be OK - maybe I can allow myself to use a TS when I don't feel like hitting a ProV1 (or I've run out)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Used to be quite a problem on our course with kids "finding" balls before they were lost and trying to sell them on. These days I pick up every ball I find and leave them on the practice putting green when I've finished my round.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If I find an old topflite or whatever I leave it where I found it but sat right up in the rough. I know full well the next person who goes there looking for there ball will think for a good few seconds it is theirs. Then kaboom. Disappointment sets in

How to cr@p on someone’s cornflakes ???