Bad day

chippie

Visit site
Had the worst game of golf today ive had for quite a while.
Pouring down with rain, front 9 48 quite pleased with that especialy with the weather,then the back nine 70 :mad: for a round of 118 and to top it off had to hand over £20 to my playing partner who hasn't played for a couple of months :eek: Hope I play better at Lydd!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You'll be fine. We all get days like that. In the wet try putting a few small golf towels in a plastic bag to keep them dry and put one in the waterproof trouser pocket for every nine (or ideally if you have enough spare towels every 4-5 holes). I take it out and wipe my grips and replace it beofre every shot so they are nice and dry. I use the bag towel (normally sodden) to wipe any excess mud off the face and then put it away.

I also keep several gloves (not leather) in a separate bag and try and change every 4-5 holes to keep it as dry as possible. Otherwise invest in a couple of wet weather gloves which give better grip as they get wet.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
All have days like that chippie, in fact I have had some weeks like that in the past, just look forward to the next good one.

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
chippie, don't beat yourself up mate,play well one day and we think we've mastered the game,next day it'll bite your rear.as for gloves that's a no no,what better waterproof material than the human skin !!!!!!!! :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be fair the bag is really light normally anyway. How heavy are three of four gloves and two or three towels. Even if the rain stops I'll just wear my waterproof trousers (I'm in the wet rough often enough anyway) so its only my jacket to carry.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really struggle when wearing waterproofs.
I'd rather get wet.

Me too. But I do have 3 or 4 spare gloves inside a freezer bag at the bottom of my bag.

Sports World do a cheap "wet" glove for £4 or something. I tried it totally sodden and it still worked better than a damp all-weather synthetic...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Haven't been able to play for 4 weeks (serious withdrawal symptoms), managed to squeeze in 9 holes in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. Was like I'd never played the game before, it was just shabby, shabby, shabby, seem to have lost any semblance of a golf swing. Looks liek a visit to the pro is on the cards.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Played a few times this week as me and the wife have been off work and shooting net 57, 59 & 62 no doubt in the comp today I will be shooting net 70+ and 3 putting most holes lol gotta love this game.