Back after 2 months off!

Visit site
Hey guys,

Happy Friday!

Back playing after 7-8 weeks off.

Went to the range and had a blast this week.

Would appreciate any feedback on my swing etc. There's definitely a lot of minor slicing going on.

Cheers!

Lukas

Neeko1988

Visit site
From looking at the video its look as though the face is very open to the path. i believe your set up very left and swinging out to in with a open face. glancing the ball and slicing...

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
You're bringing the club on an out to in path, i.e. If you take a clock face, you are swinging 5 oclock to 11 oclock, try taking it back at 6 to 12 or even 7 to 1, hope that makes sense.

Neeko1988

Visit site
Try putting your driver head cover or a empty bottle or something slightly behind and to the right of the ball, now swing and hit the ball trying to not to hit the headcover. this will give you the feeling of a more in too out path.

Visit site
You're bringing the club on an out to in path, i.e. If you take a clock face, you are swinging 5 oclock to 11 oclock, try taking it back at 6 to 12 or even 7 to 1, hope that makes sense.

ah yes, that makes perfect sense! Will give this a go on the weekend. Thank you!

Visit site
Try putting your driver head cover or a empty bottle or something slightly behind and to the right of the ball, now swing and hit the ball trying to not to hit the headcover. this will give you the feeling of a more in too out path.

Yeah, I think I tried this before by putting a second ball next to the one I was trying to hit. Will have to go back to that as it helped. Cheers mate!

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Start off with a closed stance and a closed club face. You’ll hit it straighter.

Play like that for 3 months.

Slowly you’ll be able to stand back to a normal stance and you would of adjusted your over the top movement and maybe added a draw into your ball flight.

It will take time and practice.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Start off with a closed stance and a closed club face. You’ll hit it straighter.

Slowly you’ll be able to stand back to a normal stance and you would of adjusted your over the top movement and maybe added a draw into your ball flight.

I certainly wouldn't be advocating that but I'm no pga teaching pro.

Visit site
Tbh the only thing I would say was getting to scratch...was your arse:ROFLMAO:

lol, that is proper top quality banter from you, Ryder Cup Winner.

Cheers mate, I will give that a try! :)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You'd be better off going to get lessons with a pro than asking advice or following random advice on YouTube. Not being nasty but there's not a cat's chance in hell you will get to scratch without a lesson if this is the sum of your natural ability. Your better getting lessons before you ingrain any more bad habits as they just become hard to get rid of, everybody can say this or that about your swing/posture/balance but it will get you nowhere. Go and get a lesson, I'd put money on a 28 handicapper beating you at the moment hitting the ball as you are. Just being honest.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You'd be better off going to get lessons with a pro than asking advice or following random advice on YouTube. Not being nasty but there's not a cat's chance in hell you will get to scratch without a lesson if this is the sum of your natural ability. Your better getting lessons before you ingrain any more bad habits as they just become hard to get rid of, everybody can say this or that about your swing/posture/balance but it will get you nowhere. Go and get a lesson, I'd put money on a 28 handicapper beating you at the moment hitting the ball as you are. Just being honest.
Pretty fair assessment. I'm a big advocate of lessons from a good pro (and therein finding a good one that can communicate with you effectively and one you trust is the hardest part arguably).