average driving distances?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Between 240-260 with my Wilson Staff Dd6. Had the odd freak drive of about 280 +

Heard some good reviews about the Wilson Spine Ken-A what’s it like? Is it worth the money? Im getting on OK with my driver but I get paid soon and its my birthday in a few days so could fine myself near AG……………

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The spine is a great driver - it is very forgiving and very long, it has a 1 inch longer shat that makes drives fly but I find the shaft is lagging behind my swing a bit and I am finding it hard to square the clibface through impact. Perhaps I need a stiff shaft.
Only other niggle is the cobra type sound at impact that I dont like.

Its for sale but if it does not sell I will be happy enough to keep it for the summer - That must be good. :rolleyes:

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
About 310 on average. Could be longer I suppose if I used a driver but prefer the 3wood to keep it on the fairway :eek: :eek: :D

Havent used my driver for ages, my rescue wood is doing the trick right now so why changed?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am pretty inconsistent in terms of distance, if I catch one right it will travel around the 275 mark no problem (this is very rare though, but I have used a buggy sat-nav system to confirm that I have hit a 284 yard drive before now)but a bad shot will travel about the 200 yard region and end up as far off the fairway as it is down it. average at the moment would be about 220 yards though.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
260 this time of year,around the 290 mark summer months.however accuracy is a big problem for me at the minuite.i borrowed my brothers ft-5 for a round this afternoon,hit a lot straighter with it,and am now looking at the ft-i(square one),i am hoping i'll be straighter and longer with it.