Aussie chokers

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What is it with Aussies they get in contention then throw it all away.Ive Just been watching Adam(don't mention the Open) Scott who throwing another tournament away,Scott who's the current Aussie choker champion having carried the mantle from Greg(The great white shake,I handed the Masters to Faldo) Norman who took over from Ian(The Open killed my career) Baker-Finch.Norman would have been a legend if he had the bottle....Aussie golfers, chokers.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hang on!

He's 1 over after 4 holes of the 3rd round - and 4 under (2 off the lead) for the tournament!

1. That doesn't make him a choker - at least not yet.
2. He's still 1 in front of the highest ranked English guy in the tournament!

Baker-Finch's Open win a fluke?
And Norman is a 2 times Major Champion, so not exactly a total choker either!

Last edited:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hang on!

He's 1 over after 4 holes of the 3rd round - and 4 under (2 off the lead) for the tournament!

1. That doesn't make him a choker - at least not yet.
2. He's still 1 in front of the highest ranked English guy in the tournament!

Baker-Finch's Open win a fluke?
And Norman is a 2 times Major Champion, so not exactly a total choker either!
1)Don't know what your watching but Scott has bogeyed 3 of the last 4 plus 2 for the day,he was obviously getting "too" in contention.
2)No Longer
3)Never said IBF Open win was a fluke,but he's game totally nose dived after it.
4)Norman should have had 7 or 8 majors,check the records.

Peter Thompson granted held it together,he says he was an Aussie but surely he couldn't have been ;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Scott needs to get rid of that long putter now! It definitely ain't performing today!
His fellow 2nd Round leader is having the same sort of mare day at the office too!
Phenomenal round by Leanard though! Last won in 2008!

When was the last Englishman to win a Major? Presumably, that mean they are a bunch of chokers/no-hopers too!

Completely bonkers pov imo!

V

vkurup

Dare I mention what the Aussies cricketers are upto in India at the moment. 2 days and a full team to score 400 odd runs. India's opening pair scores 280 with loss, including the world record for the fastest century on debut!!

Bring on the Ashes..

Jay Gee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ain't history cruel :) Perhaps you should turn your attention to Jason Day?

3 Aussies in the top 5 is one heck of an achievement though, whichever way you look at it.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just shows how fortune changes doesn't it. Jason Day has time on his side though he does seem to crumble a bit when it matters. Yes it was a great achievement and not one I would have predicted.