At what point does a range of products become too big??

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just had an email from our friends at Footjoy. Been a fan of theirs since I started playing regularly in the early 90s. Used to be dead easy, Dryjoys (black) in the winter, Softjoys (white) for summer! Job done!!! :)

Now the range is so vast I am wondering how they (or the consumer) is meant to differentiate between the shoes!!

Still got my Black Dryjoys for Winter... got some Pro SLs in use currently, very good they are too!!! .............................................now getting bamboozled by Fury,Flex, Arc, Helix etc etc etc :)

Or is it just me?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just had an email from our friends at Footjoy. Been a fan of theirs since I started playing regularly in the early 90s. Used to be dead easy, Dryjoys (black) in the winter, Softjoys (white) for summer! Job done!!! :)

Now the range is so vast I am wondering how they (or the consumer) is meant to differentiate between the shoes!!

Still got my Black Dryjoys for Winter... got some Pro SLs in use currently, very good they are too!!! .............................................now getting bamboozled by Fury,Flex, Arc, Helix etc etc etc :)

Or is it just me?
No and I wonder if that is contributing to the quality issues that have blighted FJ in the last few years. Are they trying to produce too many shoes too quickly and QC going out the window?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a tough call but they are trying to appeal to every market, young, middle aged, old, hot countries, cooler climes, traditional, modern etc. Other companies target a particular market more, FJ are trying to go for the whole lot