Are you allowed to take the flags out yet?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got to stay in still, at least in England.

guidance will be updated by England golf as and when required.

think Scotland have started to put rakes in bunkers back on course, but can’t remember if flags can be touched yet

NearHull

Visit site
Leeds Golf Club (Cobble Hall) have put out their rakes. Players are invited to use them if they wish to. The placing in bunkers LR remains in force.

Ridgeman

Visit site

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not noticed anyone doing it, so I take it flags have to stay in?

Or have I missed something?

The review of England Play Safe guidelines was scheduled for 21st June. Probably put back in line with the Government postpone of the relaxation until July. This review included flagsticks and rakes.

https://www.englandgolf.org/playsafe/

follow the link for play safe timeline

bradleywedge

Visit site
So we cant touch something that has a limited amount of people touching outdoors, yet we can touch something (a shop door handle) which has an unlimited amount of people touching in a day. Madness.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Like a lot of rules around Covid. They are in place because it looks like someone is doing something. There doesn't have to be any sound reasoning behind the rule, just as long as there is a rule

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Our seniors team played at a local course last Monday and arrived to find rakes in bunkers and flags being taken out. When we were told on Tuesday, I went all dizzy with excitement, but all to no avail. I think they must have been anticipating a change, either that or just got sick of waiting

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm just happy to be playing - I'm not that bothered by having the flag in or out as the past year it's remained in.

Dannyc

Visit site
So we cant touch something that has a limited amount of people touching outdoors, yet we can touch something (a shop door handle) which has an unlimited amount of people touching in a day. Madness.
We all input our scores on the computer screen aswell after opening the door to then type the locker room door number in to get in there to put stuff away etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We all input our scores on the computer screen aswell after opening the door to then type the locker room door number in to get in there to put stuff away etc

The idea behind it is a simple one

Inside with the screens and door handles gel is readily available. Club should provide it. Etc etc

Out on the course it's less available..now golf England doesn't know I have a bottle clipped on my bag.. but it has to cater for everyone so a simple ban

Dannyc

Visit site
The idea behind it is a simple one

Inside with the screens and door handles gel is readily available. Club should provide it. Etc etc

Out on the course it's less available..now golf England doesn't know I have a bottle clipped on my bag.. but it has to cater for everyone so a simple ban
Fair enough ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair enough ?

As someone else said it's just a rule for sake of looking like done something

Took little lady to a farm yesterday

In the barn sign (only one group at time please wait) so did. Get in please keep 2m apart I'm thinking well which one is it? Social distance from my kids? Gladly lol

Then the farm maze ...not even up to my shoulders ...even the Mrs could see over the top .. sign "one group at a time" I turned to my mum and was like but we are outside