Are you a arms connected swinger or relaxed disconnected swinger

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have found that keeping my upper arms connected to the chest results in better consistency, not rigid but connected

This improved when i went to the one piece takeaway and i keep connected and it has removed my pull shot

How do you describe yourself

Connected or relaxed and disconnected !

I can but assume connected is more correct as without this the swing becomes too armsy ?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have now added the connected set up to pitching and chipping

Seems like less variables to go wrong !

The trusted towel drill works wonders to show the connected swing feel

Found my right elbow was wandering slightly in the back swing

I think Hogan encouraged the connected swing ?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have found that keeping my upper arms connected to the chest results in better consistency, not rigid but connected

This improved when i went to the one piece takeaway and i keep connected and it has removed my pull shot

How do you describe yourself ...........?

I suppose the answer must be 'ignorant' - I haven't a clue, I just aim to hit the ball with the club head.....

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hogan wanted the arms to be extended down and kept close together (He had that picture in 5 Lessons where the arms were bound together) he also wanted the back of the elbows pointing at the hip joints. You can only do this if you keep the upper arms against the chest.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did read the Hogan book and tried this before, also David Blair who teaches the same connection

I must of done it wrong in the past because now it gives me better plane, prevents my overswing and allows me to come back to the ball on a better path resulting in a draw

It has also helped against my slight pull so pleased with exploring this further

A

Alex1975

Hogan wanted the arms to be extended down and kept close together (He had that picture in 5 Lessons where the arms were bound together) he also wanted the back of the elbows pointing at the hip joints. You can only do this if you keep the upper arms against the chest.

I would not do this if I were you, better to let your right elbow get behind you, past your shirt seems. Some of Hogans hook was because of his elbow in his hip.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would not do this if I were you, better to let your right elbow get behind you, past your shirt seems. Some of Hogans hook was because of his elbow in his hip.

I dont think he actually expected you to keep the arms in a tied together manner. He didn't do that himself as the right elbow has to fold. It is more of feel that you dont let the elbows and long triangle of the arms break down their relationship.

A

Alex1975

I dont think he actually expected you to keep the arms in a tied together manner. He didn't do that himself as the right elbow has to fold. It is more of feel that you dont let the elbows and long triangle of the arms break down their relationship.

Ye I did not mean that, I meant don't stick your elbow into your ribs, let it point behind you and past your shirt seems.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ye I did not mean that, I meant don't stick your elbow into your ribs, let it point behind you and past your shirt seems.

That'll be Jim McLean's 'Death Move #5' - left arm above right at the half-way back stage (righty). Obsession with trying to swing in-to-out is a common cause.