Arccos sensors

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Started to track via ShotScope tags today, utilising the handheld GPS to 'tag' the sensors. A little bit fiddly to start with but the data looks good..
Iv
e always imagined that would be. the Watch has the rfid reader in the strap which makes it so good

Barking_Mad

Visit site
I use Golfpad on my phone. You can pay extra to use tags with them in the top of the club, but I just use my phone to select the club and off I go. £16.95 a year, loads of data rarely have issues.

It's not great on putts, but nothing is with GPS as it can't do small distances really well.

Other systems are available on mobile but I don't want to change and lose all my data. Probably best to test first and find out which one is best for you.

Teebs

Visit site
Iv
e always imagined that would be. the Watch has the rfid reader in the strap which makes it so good

Yeah, I'm going to sell the V4 handheld and purchase the watch. Great system but the handheld is a little too fiddly for me..

Skytot

Visit site
I use Golfpad on my phone. You can pay extra to use tags with them in the top of the club, but I just use my phone to select the club and off I go. £16.95 a year, loads of data rarely have issues.

It's not great on putts, but nothing is with GPS as it can't do small distances really well.

Other systems are available on mobile but I don't want to change and lose all my data. Probably best to test first and find out which one is best for you.
I can imagine this getting your phone out , selecting irons ect could slow play down . Don’t think I could be bothered with that

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to sell the V4 handheld and purchase the watch. Great system but the handheld is a little too fiddly for me..
It’s maybe a little nice to have to attach to the laser but for tracking…. I’m hanging fire as the b3 watch is quite old now. I’d expect they’ll have a new watch out this year.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
I can imagine this getting your phone out , selecting irons ect could slow play down . Don’t think I could be bothered with that

Well it gives me yardage so I don't spend any time debating what club to use. Then to select the club takes a couple of seconds. If you wish you can enter club data afterwards.

Certainly no slower than a rangefinder, most likely quicker.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well it gives me yardage so I don't spend any time debating what club to use. Then to select the club takes a couple of seconds. If you wish you can enter club data afterwards.

Certainly no slower than a rangefinder, most likely quicker.
Yep having tried this with hole 19! It’s not really much slower as the app is there as soon as you pick up the phon but it’s not the efficient user people will be concerned about. It would be the users that walk back to a spot to be as accurate as possible when they’ve forgot to track their shot.

However, I’m yet to grumble about anyone slowing me down because they’re using any device on the course.

Chunk norris

Visit site
I use them, they’re great mostly for the range finder side of things… picking shots relative to hazards etc because u can drag to the bunkers and get distances.

Had to get new sensors and ended up having to put foam in the bottom of the bag because they’re very temperamental.
Saying that my subscription of £100 for the years just came out yesterday which was annoying because I forgot about it, apparently difficult to cancel the subscription but I’ll happily keep using it for now

Trodski

Visit site
I like the data it provides but you have to input some things. Had it for 3 years but I’m not renewing it this year.

My main gripe is that if you have in built sensors in the grip, you cannot change the grip. The only option is to buy an entirely new grip and sensor together even if the old sensor still works.

I emailed arccos asking why they couldn’t make a grip to buy which you could transfer your old sensor into and they said tough, we don’t do them and won’t be.

To replace 14 grips would be over £300!