Arccos Caddie

Ruffy1977

Visit site
After reading various reviews, I have just got the Arccos Caddie, not sure what to expect from it, anyone here use the sensors ?

Wolf

Visit site
After reading various reviews, I have just got the Arccos Caddie, not sure what to expect from it, anyone here use the sensors ?
Ive just started playing again and got it. Found that it's been really useful already in pinpointing how bad my misses are, club distances. Tracking stats of fairways, greens, putts, approach play etc. Its totally unintrusive throughout the round and let's you analyse things after. Also really good for comparing scores at end of round to card to make sure you've not missed anything.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I got it a month or two back on a deal.
I like it, its useful and the app has had a couple of decent updates recently.

I don't use it every round, and that is only because I don't like my phone having to be in my front trouser pocket - may be I need a smaller phone for golf :)

Ruffy1977

Visit site
I got it a month or two back on a deal.
I like it, its useful and the app has had a couple of decent updates recently.

I don't use it every round, and that is only because I don't like my phone having to be in my front trouser pocket - may be I need a smaller phone for golf :)
I have the Apple Watch and I’ve heard that you will be able to use that in place of the phone, I’ve not tried my sensors out yet, have to admit, I am not looking forward to having my phone in my pocket either

Ruffy1977

Visit site
I have an Apple Watch as well

I never looked in to it much, my understanding was you can use the watch for certain functions, but you still needed the phone to be in the pocket.

I could be wrong though
Yes, at the moment you still need phone in your pocket but that will soon change...hopefully very soon

Wolf

Visit site
Just to add to this, if you login to your player dashboard on the website you get so much more breakdown of your stats regarding your whole game.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer it not so much for the distances but the relevant handicap you have for each part of your game. A good reference point for what to work on.

My Arccos Hc is 9.7 but actual is 14 so know I’ve got it in me.

Tells me my driving is 15.2, approach play is 16.4, chipping 7.2, sand 7.3 and putting 3.1....

Everyone assumes because of my 14 handicap just work on short game- but those stats tells me my short game is decent it’s the driving and approach especially that get me in trouble

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m interested in this, but only when it connects to the watch, and I can leave my phone in my bag.

Wolf

Visit site
I prefer it not so much for the distances but the relevant handicap you have for each part of your game. A good reference point for what to work on.

Tells me my driving is 15.2, approach play is 16.4, chipping 7.2, sand 7.3 and putting 3.1....

Everyone assumes because of my 14 handicap just work on short game- but those stats tells me my short game is decent it’s the driving and approach especially that get me in trouble
Same here the distance part is the last of anything I check tbh as we all know what we hit in winter will hugely vary to summer. But the stats part for each part of the game is brilliant whether that be shot dispersion, distance from pin on approaches, chipping, putting etc.

Now I'm settled at new club md job am going to use it to put a practice routine together to then hopefully improve further.

I’m interested in this, but only when it connects to the watch, and I can leave my phone in my bag.

My initial concerns over phone in pocket was die my phone and most modern phones being bloody massive but have to say after the first round of using it quickly got used to it and isn't an issue whatsoever. But could be interesting when watch version comes out for android as I'll have an excuse to buy a watch then..

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What does approach play cover? If people are saying work on short game, are they meaning 30 - 100 yards out, as your “shorter” shot handicaps are really good.

Wolf

Visit site
What does approach play cover? If people are saying work on short game, are they meaning 30 - 100 yards out, as your “shorter” shot handicaps are really good.
Aproach play covers anything that's not in and around the greens or off a tee from a par 4 or 5.

So basically any par 3 tee shot, 2 shot to a par 4 or 3rd shot into a par 5. Going by the standard par we all expect to play etc.

You can then break it down further club by club and see exactly what your % GIR is with each club and whether misses are L/R or short and it will tell you how far off they are. It will even tell you your average approach distance from the hole.

There are lots you can get from the app data aline and even more when you login to the dashboard it's really quite interesting and perfect for a golf geek like me.

As an example here's quick image of what the GIR % breakdown looks like when you select a specific club to review. I use my 60 degree on anything from 100yards in and stats confirm this is good for me, but if I uploaded say my 5 iron one you see the other areas more predominantly filled especially the right hand side. So shows where your misses are to address accordingly.

Screenshot_20190106_091355_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg
Screenshot_20190106_091355_com.arccosgolf.androidFlagship.jpg