Apple Watch Apps

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone recommend the best golf app for the series 2 Apple watch? How useful and accurate do you find it compared to a dedicated golf watch or laser.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use Hole19 on mine, in conjunction with my bushnell as it gives front middle back distances and the range finder I use for the pin, find it very handy.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone recommend the best golf app for the series 2 Apple watch? How useful and accurate do you find it compared to a dedicated golf watch or laser.
Hole 19 is outstanding and free

I use gamegolf live with mine now tho and it all runs using my phone as a hub.. it's proper great and means I'm just using one device for the lot

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site

I use gamegolf live with mine now tho and it all runs using my phone as a hub.. it's proper great and means I'm just using one device for the lot

Paul, can you clarify how it works with GG Live. I have the original GG and am debating the upgrade as its on offer, having recently bought an Apple Watch.

I use a Tom Tom Golfer at the mo, but really just for F/M/B approaches. Was hoping the Apple watch would replace that.

I think GG on the watch would be OK, but as i don't have Live it is going to ask me to select a club before each shot on my watch (when I am used to tagging).

Guess that GG Live doesn't need you to do that, but can you interchange between tagging on your belt or inputting on the watch?

Cheers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paul, can you clarify how it works with GG Live. I have the original GG and am debating the upgrade as its on offer, having recently bought an Apple Watch.

I use a Tom Tom Golfer at the mo, but really just for F/M/B approaches. Was hoping the Apple watch would replace that.

I think GG on the watch would be OK, but as i don't have Live it is going to ask me to select a club before each shot on my watch (when I am used to tagging).

Guess that GG Live doesn't need you to do that, but can you interchange between tagging on your belt or inputting on the watch?

Cheers.

You have a tagging system as normal but on your watch you get the distances to the green front middle and back. You also get a number on the left which is how many shots you have taken (so you know when it's tagged) and when on the green you can tap "add putt" if you so choose .. useful if you chip to say a foot and are given it by your PP

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
You have a tagging system as normal but on your watch you get the distances to the green front middle and back. You also get a number on the left which is how many shots you have taken (so you know when it's tagged) and when on the green you can tap "add putt" if you so choose .. useful if you chip to say a foot and are given it by your PP

Thanks, may have to pull the trigger on the upgrade then, seeing as its half price at the moment! :D

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Do you find the app gets stuck at all? Every time I use it, it seems to get stuck on a hole on the phone, which then stops the watch being updated too. When I then go to the phone, the gamegolf lock screen isn't being shown, just my normal lock screen. Not sure if it's being interrupted by notifications on the phone or if I'm getting too far away from the phone. I keep my phone in my bag, maybe it should be in my pocket?