AP3 equivalents

Homer

Visit site
Hi - could you please explain what you mean by "jump too much"? Just intrigued - cheers.

Get one that every now and again just fly miles - 20+ yards for no real reason. Changed to set of AP2 and they don’t go as far club v club but I know how far each club will go every time for sure so have much more confidence in them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of comparable options, many already mentioned and I guess the bottom line would be doing a head to head on a launch monitor and see what suits the eye better and what gives the best dispersion left and right and front to back. Aesthetics play a big part in my club selection (hence why I got rid of the G25's). Would be worth trying the hollow constructed models vs the AP3 and seeing what the difference was but you'd also need to factor in loft and test like for like where possible

sunshine

Visit site
Get one that every now and again just fly miles - 20+ yards for no real reason. Changed to set of AP2 and they don’t go as far club v club but I know how far each club will go every time for sure so have much more confidence in them.

Is this just quality of strike? i.e. the jumpers are when you make proper contact vs average shot which is a bit of a mis-hit?

In my experience, whenever I hit a shot that flies further than average (driver usually) it's because I've uncoiled in perfect synch, the clubface has reached the ball at the perfect angle and pured it out of the middle. Nothing to do with the club.