Anyone use arm lock?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Seems like it would suit my style but, its seems there's not alot of equipmemt info about them and all my questions to fitters have been met with stonewall responses :(.

Anybody have any experience good or bad?

D

Deleted member 3432

Seems like it would suit my style but, its seems there's not alot of equipmemt info about them and all my questions to fitters have been met with stonewall responses :(.

Anybody have any experience good or bad?

My mate uses one.

Long time 5/6 handicap golfer, very steady tee to green who was a very poor putter. Used claw grip as a last resort to stop him trying to 'yip' it with right hand.

Pro lent him an armlock and his long putting is massively improved and he is holing out inside 6 ft miles better. You can see visually how much better the ball rolls across the green when it leaves the putter.

Handicap is the lowest its ever been at 57 due to improved putting.

D

Deleted member 3432

Off the rack. He is average height so went for 40 inch length.

Pro checked him out on putting green to watch it rolling and was happy he didn't need more/less loft.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Good to know! My biggest concern I think is lie angle, looking at the use on the pga it seems thats what is most susceptible to player tendencies - though I've obviously no way of telling if loft varies!? I suppose all of this can be changed at a later date so I could amend once I commit to a technique...

D

Deleted member 3432

Good to know! My biggest concern I think is lie angle, looking at the use on the pga it seems thats what is most susceptible to player tendencies - though I've obviously no way of telling if loft varies!? I suppose all of this can be changed at a later date so I could amend once I commit to a technique...

I think they are a little more upright than standard to accomodate the shaft running up the forearm and have around 7 degrees of loft, again shaft on forearm will mean a bit of shaft lean.

Fitting using SAM lab would be a good idea in my opinion but not very practical at present!

I have hit a few putts with my mates putter and it definately would need to be a little more upright for me but my own putter is a couple of degrees up anyway.

It does feel a little strange and would need some time to get comfortable with but seeing the improvement in my mate is eye opening.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah my plan was to incorporate it into the lockdown routine to get some reps in before we get back out.

Ive heard some use it as a training aid as it encourages good wrist position, so might not be a total waste even if i revert to conventional...

D

Deleted member 3432

Yeah my plan was to incorporate it into the lockdown routine to get some reps in before we get back out.

Ive heard some use it as a training aid as it encourages good wrist position, so might not be a total waste even if i revert to conventional...

Alternatively you could put a 'wristlock' grip on your existing putter although they are not cheap....