Anyone good with colour?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Decorating and would like some ideas on what wall paint colour might go nicely with our sofa, we're both rubbish at interior decorating and choosing colours
frown.png

Capture.JPG

RichA

Visit site
It took a few years to figure out, but we'd only ever go with a shade of white on the walls now.
Let your furnishings and pictures provide the colour.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The trouble in the first place is that colours on a computer screen will look different screen to screen so we all might be seeing a different colour.

Back in my photography 'day' the picture on every roll was of a colour chart so I could check the colours on the prints.

Most important the white should be white (and the grey matched a mid grey chart).

DSCN4777.JPG

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Have to paint the skirting boards second coat tonight then should be starting the walls Thursday night.
All will be revealed soon :D

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to paint the skirting boards second coat tonight then should be starting the walls Thursday night.
All will be revealed soon :D
I am going to sound like a nag. Maybe I should be posting on the Cheltenham thread.

A professional painter friend made me switch to walls first then gloss skirtings.

He said it is easy to wipe off drips etc on skirtings on old paint than new paint and hardened ones come off when you are sanding the skirtings.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One of my major random irritations…my Mrs will ask me ‘what colour is that?’

Surely how she sees the colour is what matters, not how I see it, and especially not what I might call it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
One of my major random irritations…my Mrs will ask me ‘what colour is that?’

Surely how she sees the colour is what matters, not how I see it, and especially not what I might call it.
Mine does the same, and then when I tell her what I think, she tells me that's not it at all. I never know why she asks.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It took a few years to figure out, but we'd only ever go with a shade of white on the walls now.
Let your furnishings and pictures provide the colour.
My missus has gone down that path. Neutral walls and furnishings and then change the look with coloured cushions and painting / photos on the wall. Keep the base neutral and then it's easy to change the other bits.