Anyone fancy a game in Staffordshire?

dm_lich

Visit site
I have recently started playing and I am looking for anyone who would like a game. I am in Lichfield but would be happy to travel within Staffordshire.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
I'm not anywhere near Staffordshire so can't offer you a game but why don't you say "Hi!" in the main forum? You may not get many answers in here and I'd hate you to give up on the forum 'cos you think we are all a miserable load of gits.
Rob

steve_l

Hacker
Visit site
Hi dm_lich. I would be up for a game in Staffordshire - it would have to be central or north really as I am in Cheshire.

Even though I am from Stoke orginally, I don't know any of the courses round there, so do you have any suggestions or shall I try and find one?

Steve

dm_lich

Visit site
Hi Cernunnos,

Thanks for your reply. As a begineer I am currently trying several courses. I have played today at Darnford Moors in Lichfield. I see you have the Lichfield Golf & Country Club mentioned in your post. I am considering this club, are you a member?

dm_lich

Visit site
Thanks for your reply Steve. I would be happy to play near you. As I'm from south staffs I do not know any courses near you. I would be happy to go with your suggestions.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Cernunnos,

Thanks for your reply. As a begineer I am currently trying several courses. I have played today at Darnford Moors in Lichfield. I see you have the Lichfield Golf & Country Club mentioned in your post. I am considering this club, are you a member?

Yes I have a membership at Lichfield, though doubt I will be re-newing for a number of reasons. There again I might, depends If I see anything else offering a good deal or not.

Their memberships arn't too bad a deal, considering you get health & fitness in the deal too. Its well kitted out. Very friendly there. Course is lovely.

Only down sides being is there is a 4 player booking system for tee times, on one hand its good if you want to meet new people, but not so good if you just want to enjoy your own company, or simply work on your game. Other slightly odd thing is rounds do take a lot longer than you might normally expect.

Not come across Darnford Moors, where's that? What sort of course is that?