Anti-slice tees

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Someone on our course today was using these odd looking tees with a plastic extension which wraps around the back of the ball. You are expected to hit the ball through the plastic and this will stop the slice, or so it is suggested.
Has anyone any knowledge of this device? Is it legal?
The plastic breaks off easily which is why I was able to see one.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
*dials the number... "come on..." "Anti slice tee shop" "yeah... can I order 20 boxes please" "20?" "thats right 20 boxes"... awaits delivery and life without the dreaded slice*

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had to laugh at the title of this post, alone.

TWm, to answer your question, no they do not conform!

Here's the definition of a "Tee" from the rules;-

A "tee" is a device designed to raise the ball off the ground. It must not be longer than 4 inches (101.6 mm) and it must not be designed or manufactured in such a way that it could indicate the line of play or influence the movement of the ball.

Result is disqualification for use of a non-conforming tee. Rule 11-1

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site

A "tee" is a device designed to raise the ball off the ground. It must not be longer than 4 inches (101.6 mm) and it must not be designed or manufactured in such a way that it could indicate the line of play or influence the movement of the ball.

Should be "Result is an eternity of piss-taking by your golf partners"

Anti-slice tees, next they'll be trying to sell you a putter that sticks into your belly! Oh................

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
anti slice tee's . . . .now i have heard everything. Can you get tee's which make you hit a 315 yard draw ?

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site

does that not make brush tee's ilegal? they affect the flight of the ball by giving less friction(the opposite of the above mentioned tee's)to give more length. I should put allegedly give more distance.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I havent had any lessons and within 6 months down to 20 with self teaching?

Sometimes self teaching gives you a lot more satisfaction when you play a great shot than it would if you have to pay someone to teach you?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Fair play to you Parmo, can't knock that. Some people are natural at certain things.

I am strong believer in taking lessons. If you teach yourself a bad habit and it becomes 2nd nature, when the time comes when improvement ceases it will be very hard to break.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lessons lessons, you lot are mad paying all that hard earned cast out to a pro who couldnt care less if you never break 90. I'm with Parmo here, I've been playing 27years and the only lesson's I ever had was when I was a junior and our pro taught us for nothing. I wouldnt give a guy £25/half hour just for him to tell me I'd be better off with a fishing rod in my hand.

More practise needed guys and stop dreaming of a quick fix from some pro.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would agree that lessons are important, but only if you start young enough and supple enough to do it properly. There is no point having spent 20 years ingraining a swing (with all its various faults) by being self taught, and then thinking a few quick lessons will change it aged 40. Under pressure, you will always revert to the 'old' swing.