Anti Mossie sprays.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First round in shorts this year yesterday. A good dose of Auten spray on both legs, Johnson and Johnson product. The two whopping bites on my legs suggest it is not fit for purpose 😡

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Wish this thread had been started before recently playing in Louisiana. Caught about 5 of the buggers on my leg whilst playing (satisfying slaps and a splash of blood left on my legs).

The next morning I counted 16 bites... just on my left leg. There were a further 10 on the right, 3 on my neck and back (they'd gone through my polo!) and about 5 on my arms.

Thankfully they didn't get too itchy so no side effects other than looking like an idiot around the pool.

The following day went on a swamp tour and stopped enroute at a walmart to buy some full length clothes and mosquito repellent only to arrive and be told that there were no mosquitos there as the trees gave off a natural repellent so they were unable to breed!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wish this thread had been started before recently playing in Louisiana. Caught about 5 of the buggers on my leg whilst playing (satisfying slaps and a splash of blood left on my legs).

The next morning I counted 16 bites... just on my left leg. There were a further 10 on the right, 3 on my neck and back (they'd gone through my polo!) and about 5 on my arms.

Thankfully they didn't get too itchy so no side effects other than looking like an idiot around the pool.

The following day went on a swamp tour and stopped enroute at a walmart to buy some full length clothes and mosquito repellent only to arrive and be told that there were no mosquitos there as the trees gave off a natural repellent so they were unable to breed!
Did they tell you what the tree repellent was? Had someone taken it and turned it into a product to be bought? It clearly worked 😄

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Did they tell you what the tree repellent was? Had someone taken it and turned it into a product to be bought? It clearly worked 😄

They didn't but it was true, there were no mosquitos to be seen and it was perfect conditions - stagnant water, humid and no wind. Lots of Gators though.