Anti Mossie sprays.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Jungle formula seems to work for me. Deet can ruin white or pale coloured clothes, so be careful.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Lynx Africa seems to be an effective repellant ;)

Failing that the spray of choice round here is call 'Peaceful Sleep' if its available in UK, my wife goes through a spray can a week all year round

pic1.png

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I use it, and it works well against large flies. Dont get it on your hands though, you wont be able to grip the club.
Cheers, I was going to post in Out of Bounds as I need it for holidays. Can just about put up with the midges up here playing golf.
The mozzies love me. I reckon they phone the tour operator to find out when my plane is landing. 🤣

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I spent a few summers at my grans house in Canada. Out in the country in the woods. They had this yellow can of stuff. Can't remember what it was called but it was a repellent of some sort. When you got it on your hands most of what you touched disintegrated.
That was the only thing that stopped you getting bitten at night. Nothing else worked, but I have no idea what was in it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah I spent a few summers at my grans house in Canada. Out in the country in the woods. They had this yellow can of stuff. Can't remember what it was called but it was a repellent of some sort. When you got it on your hands most of what you touched disintegrated.
That was the only thing that stopped you getting bitten at night. Nothing else worked, but I have no idea what was in it.
I’ve now got this cartoon vision of a human shaped hole through the bed come the morning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep.

Deet and plastic & rubber don't go well together. If you use your hands to rub the stuff across your arms/legs etc, make sure you wash your hands after applying it. Even a small trace of Deet can make stuff go tacky - or even dissolve. I once had a bottle of deet leak in a rucksack and it completely dissolved the handle of a Swiss army knife

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've never found skin so soft to work. We don't get too many midges at Nairn or our side of Inverness weather conditions syite, ie warm humid and still.. west coast or inland.
One thing we do get is cleggs, or horse flys. Nasty things, a spray of jungle formula on your legs seems to do the trick