Anthems

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
A certain politician of Scots ancestry declared that the English weren't a race - somehow he was allowed to live.

I served 25 years and had a war, you fight for your mates, your ship (regiment), queen and country. NO-ONE fights for some lack-lustre politician and no way do I want some failed politician as head of state (it's bad enough that they get to the House of Lords).

You cannot, legally, fly YOUR flag when you want to, some pc parasite only has to complain and you can be fined.

The Union FLAG (not Jack - that's only when it's flown at the Jack Staff of a Royal Naval vessel) should (must) be flown from all public buildings, national and local, - especially schools and ought to be flown from business premises. The one mandatory condition should be that you do not hoist it and forget it until it's dirty, tattered, torn and unrecognisable - that ought to be a criminal offence (as it is to deface coin of the realm).

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The main problem with your flag is that you let the yobs/proper racists nick it in the first place.

Read the postings here and the pc brigade would flip out,yet there is nothing in them that should offend anyone!

We should fly the flags at all clubs,Union and St George here, Union&Dragon back home etc.etc.

Make a start now so that when the next girlie ball tournament that the over paid to**ers qualify for comes around we will be used to seeing the flag everywhere not hanging from vans and bedroom windows.
Break the association with all things bad.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know if any of you saw it, but there was a ???.gov online referendum about the flying of our flag. I happened on it by chance virtually as it was ending.
This asked when, where, if the flag should be flown - they also called it a Jack!
I have never heard any results.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I sing MY national anthem as a Scot and refuse to sing God save the queen as I do not wish to sing about a person whom I have no feelings or allegiance to,yes Scotland may be part of Britain but I do not wish to be seen as British...I am a Scot 1st and foremost.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
If we were called to arms I would be there like every other BRITISH man. I am Scottish and very proud but this is the United Kingdom and I am British as well as Scottish.

We can still keep our individual identities but as a nation we must always be united.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I sing MY national anthem as a Scot and refuse to sing God save the queen as I do not wish to sing about a person whom I have no feelings or allegiance to,yes Scotland may be part of Britain but I do not wish to be seen as British...I am a Scot 1st and foremost.

I have to agree with you dodger. I see myself as an Englishman! I have never worn a kilt, drunk Guiness or liked Leeks Im afraid!!!! If england is out of the world cup i couldnt give a damn who else wins it whether they are from the same isles not!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hmmmmm. Not happy with the last one, we should all stick together against the rest of the World, particularly the garlic eating soap dodging surrender monkeys!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
What about "Always look on the bright side of life" from the film, Life of Brian?

I've told my wife several times that I want that to be played at my funeral but I'm sure that she won't allow it. Oh well. She might have to go first....

My choice for the National Anthem would be Rule Brittania although it has now lost most of it's original meaning with a mothballed Navy and us as slaves to the government and Europe. Choice for the English Anthem would be Land of Hope and Glory.

You only have to watch the Last Night of the Proms to see how much these songs mean to people (OK it's fun as well).

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What about "Always look on the bright side of life" from the film, Life of Brian?

I've told my wife several times that I want that to be played at my funeral but I'm sure that she won't allow it. Oh well. She might have to go first....

My choice for the National Anthem would be Rule Brittania although it has now lost most of it's original meaning with a mothballed Navy and us as slaves to the government and Europe. Choice for the English Anthem would be Land of Hope and Glory.

You only have to watch the Last Night of the Proms to see how much these songs mean to people (OK it's fun as well).

I stand aside you with my hand on my heart, to show my support for this post!

Land of hope and glory is just magical.