Another few handicap questions

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
How are scores from away comps relayed back to your home club?

If both clubs use HDID, should it be automatic?

How long should this take?

I have a knockout match to play today, I'm pretty sure that I have had a playing h'cap change (with Fundy's help! :)), but HDID, CDH & club list all still reflect my old, higher h'cap. What should I play off this afternoon?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
The lower one if you think you have been cut. I fell foul of something similar and was told it was the players responsibility to ensure the handicap was correct. DO you know the CSS?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
it is the players responsibility to advise their handicapping authority (home club) of away scores

if it's set up correctly at both ends then yes, but experience suggests it's not guaranteed to work 'quickly' but reasons are hard to pin down!

see above

in addition to the responsibility above, you also have a responsibility to adjust your playing handicap down for any Q score, this would include a home comp when playing a knockout before the results are posted. I take it from your post that the results are posted on HDID so you have the information you need to do it based on the posted VCSS, your adjusted (if any stableford adjustments necessary) net and your exact handicap etc. simples.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
it is the players responsibility to advise their handicapping authority (home club) of away scores

if it's set up correctly at both ends then yes, but experience suggests it's not guaranteed to work 'quickly' but reasons are hard to pin down!

see above

in addition to the responsibility above, you also have a responsibility to adjust your playing handicap down for any Q score, this would include a home comp when playing a knockout before the results are posted. I take it from your post that the results are posted on HDID so you have the information you need to do it based on the posted VCSS, your adjusted (if any stableford adjustments necessary) net and your exact handicap etc. simples.

Thanks Duncan - I'll sort with club prior to my match this afternoon. Should they, strictly speaking, have the signed scorecards too?

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Just for info......HDID has nothing to do with the process. All software vendors have an interface now to the CDH run by England Golf (EGU). When a competition is closed (regardless of the software in use) the club has the option to publish the information to the CDH. Similarly, when the software is run at your home club (could be completely different vendor) it will automatically check with the CDH for any changes to players and pull down the adjustments into the players handicap record.

Unfortunately, to work properly it depends on a number of variables......
1. The away club has to set up the visitors properly with their "lifetime id".......this is the usual issue as many clubs simply don't know what they are doing with respect to this.
2. The away club has to finish the comp promptly AND publish to CDH.
3. The home club has to ensure they accept the updates correctly when notified.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just for info......HDID has nothing to do with the process. All software vendors have an interface now to the CDH run by England Golf (EGU). When a competition is closed (regardless of the software in use) the club has the option to publish the information to the CDH. Similarly, when the software is run at your home club (could be completely different vendor) it will automatically check with the CDH for any changes to players and pull down the adjustments into the players handicap record.

Unfortunately, to work properly it depends on a number of variables......
1. The away club has to set up the visitors properly with their "lifetime id".......this is the usual issue as many clubs simply don't know what they are doing with respect to this.
2. The away club has to finish the comp promptly AND publish to CDH.
3. The home club has to ensure they accept the updates correctly when notified.

Sorry @Fyldewhite - I haven't a feckin' clue what your JFI post above means. I'm clearly not 'up with things' at all these days - process, software vendors - eh? No matter. I'll find out and understand if I ever need to.