Another driver question

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm currently using a cheapy Dunlop driver while I get used to using a driver and getting my swing settled, but am starting to get more consistent and so think a new one will help get me a bit more distance and a better feel.
My main question is, would it be worth getting something like this or is it going to be about the same quality as a Dunlop. Or whether to put the money towards one of the big brands like TaylorMade or Ping.
I realise this is a how long is a piece of string question but wondered if anyone has any experience of these 'mid' range clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd go for a better known brand, how about looking out for something sechand.

check out your local pro shops i often see bargins.

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers guys. Looks like I might as well just go straight in with one of the better brands then. Will have a look on golfbidder now and see what they have.
Any recommendations around the £100 mark?
Thanks again.

stanleyboy

Club Champion
Visit site
If money is tight buy a second hand driver, or Ben Sayers / MD golf are the budget end but great quality golf gear.
I bought my Old man a Benross VX Proto with and Aldila Voodoo shaft and got it for £50 brand new on Ebay, great club and looks good too. For the money you cant go wrong!

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pros hate getting stuck with random clubs on trade-ins, so will be grateful to you for takign it off their hands! Deffo think a 2nd hand online or pro-shop trade-in is the way to go. For £40, you'd get a much better quality club.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
£39.99 isn't really mid-range. I bought a driver that price once and regretted it. Total waste of money. I'd go as far to say that Dunlops from Sports Direct are actually better quality.

I sold my Wilson Spine last week for £35. They were £199 new, I got it when they were £99. There's loads of clubs out there for silly money.

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys. Look like it may be worth sticking with the Dunlop and going for one of the better brands rather than waste 40 quid on another crap one.
Now - which to buy :) Will pop to American Golf at some point and try the Cleveland and 2010 Superfast I think.