Annual Weekend Trip

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Off to Kings Lynn to play 18 holes there tomorrow and then stay at Heacham Manor where we'll play 27 holes on Saturday. So far , I've got to say, that Heacham Manor have been really accommodating enabling us to sit down at 9.00pm to watch both evening games and to change our golfing arrangements to accommodate the England match on Saturday.

Not sure what to expect from both courses in terms of conditioning . Has anyone played either recently ? Do Kings Lynn get water to the fairways ?? I know HM has loads of lakes and natural water and wondered if they water the course too ??

Really looking forward to it anyway.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played Kings Lynn for the first time about a month ago and it was lush green. Probably the best parkland course I've ever played.

The Par 3 5th....110 yards or so is just superb! Sensible par 3, not a stupid 200+ yarder!

As for the condition I wouldn't like to say, but hopefully it's well watered, it does have a few small areas of water os hopefully they are able to use that!

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you're straight then use it, leaving a smaller iron into the green. But some holes I used a 3 iron (200 ish yards) as thats as far as the fairway runs (hole 2 and 4 for sure).

The first does give you a sign of things to come, as its nice and tight.

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I stayed and played at Heacham Manor in April. Good set up for hotel and staff very friendly.

Golf course is relatively new and open in a lot of places. Lots of water and well placed gorse.

I enjoyed it. It would be a course that if you are playing well you could go really low. Also a course where you rack up big numbers without realising it

I think you will enjoy

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Heacham Manor on June 17th, it was in the best condition I have ever seen it, but beware, the gren keeper has left, so not sure what has been done since then.

Kings Lynn is a 'gem', straight will score anything else will struggle