Analyze my swing with video

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi, i had a bad day today playing golf. all my shots were pushing right and getting to much height, so i come home and took my 6 iron over the park and tried some differant things and the biggest change i made was to relax my arms a little bit more and it seems to be working. I cant remember when i started to put strain on my fore arms but maybe thats why i was taking divoits first ???
If anyone has any thing to say about my swing good or bad then please please please let me know because i need to stop these odd bad days.
this two shots had great distance and flight and feel alot better.
follow links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNW02Kqwxwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6eAM5DVTxI

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The one thing that stands out is that you are attacking the ball (in a positive way) and really swinging through it. I thought that after the problems with the lost ball on the back nine in particular and after the double on the front, it was only at the par 3's that you seemed to really go for the shot. On the other shots and particularly off the tee you seemed to get a little defensive and didn't seem to swing through the ball as well as you did on the first 6 or 7 holes.

Like I said on the main forum there is plenty of good stuff there particularly around the greens and so I wouldn't worry too much

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Your legs are too straight

I agree.
The swing is very good but the set up is a bit "wooden" and you seem to be stretching for the ball a bit.
Compare the 2 pictures of you and young Mcllroy and see how he is more relaxed at the ball.
I know he is using a shorter club than you but you get the idea :)

Photo2-1.jpg

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the tip bob and Steve I will try that later today but if I do that the club face seems to sit more on the heel of the club is that normal or am o. Doing something wrong ???

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the tip bob and Steve I will try that later today but if I do that the club face seems to sit more on the heel of the club is that normal or am o. Doing something wrong ???

It's supposed to sit a bit on the heel

Split_Fairway

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if the club sits flat on the ground and then you catch the ball fat, the toe of the club gets slowed down and forces the club open, causing a fade at best or a slice at worst