America's Cup

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey - it’s at least made the thread a touch more exciting than the actual sport ?

And the question was asked in the “suitable” thread and also avoided with the same cheap insults ??

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Paul
Many on here know Dave very well, he is a regular on the meets and is a popular and decent guy.
But there does seem to be a case of perceived double standards here, where he berates one sport but not a peep about a sport in which he is very interested and posts about regularly

And we all know the one thing that gets the forum going is double standards

Dave is also big enough to speak up for himself and I am hoping he will respond with a constructive reply that addresses the apparent issue once and for all

D

Deleted member 16999

I didn't mention today, it was in the rugby thread last week.
And it was dealt with last week? I genuinely don’t know the question people are asking, the comments posted are more to trip him up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul
Many on here know Dave very well, he is a regular on the meets and is a popular and decent guy.
But there does seem to be a case of perceived double standards here, where he berates one sport but not a peep about a sport in which he is very interested and posts about regularly

And we all know the one thing that gets the forum going is double standards

Dave is also big enough to speak up for himself and I am hoping he will respond with a constructive reply that addresses the apparent issue once and for all
And I perceive it as “gang mentality” and bullying!

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.(y)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Jeeez.......I saw the thread upto 5 pages and thought something interesting had happened whilst everyone was asleep in NZ.

I wouldn’t say that this event is really in the public eye, so personally would be surprised if taking the knee was ever even discussed.

Sailing very much fits into the elitist upper/middle class traditionally. I’ve been involved in the sport for 30 years and can probably count the number of black people I’ve come into contact with on one hand.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wrong! Taking the knee was last week brought up in the 6 Nations thread and the mods stepped in, removed the posts and said it should be discussed in the Taking the Knee thread! So their rules!

And it’s been brought up in this thread for one reason and one reason only, to catch out or embarrass 2Blue.
I missed all that! It would appear that my attitude coincides with those of mods!
2Blue's attitude bothers me not a jot! I've already stated my attitude!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Jeeez.......I saw the thread upto 5 pages and thought something interesting had happened whilst everyone was asleep in NZ.
French assasinations apart, that's extremely unlikely!
Sailing very much fits into the elitist upper/middle class traditionally. I’ve been involved in the sport for 30 years and can probably count the number of black people I’ve come into contact with on one hand.
Rather like Golf! then!
As for 'interaction'...There's a difference between 'opportunity; and 'ability'!
And I'd question the entire concept about racism in sport! How come the 95%+ of the top Basketballers/American footballers are black! And I've marvelled at how world beating South Pacific (though NZ based) netball players can be!

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Certainly was for the guy stood by the main..... would not have been the 1st MOB in AC but ...... before the start, would take some beating. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oh wow. Never had a man over board in the entire time? That’s a great record. I would have thought there would have been a few over the years

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was a pretty grim morning. Getting wupped in the cricket and whupped in the sailing.
Dont know if its an appropriate term for sailing but seems like Prada Pirelli didnt put a foot wrong in any one of 12 legs sailed today . (I mean can you "put a foot wrong" in water? )

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh wow. Never had a man over board in the entire time? That’s a great record. I would have thought there would have been a few over the years

As Dave said there was a MOB during the cup in Bermuda.

Tragically there was also a fatality in the lead up to the Cup in Sam Francisco when a British sailor died

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that was a pretty grim morning. Getting wupped in the cricket and whupped in the sailing.
Dont know if its an appropriate term for sailing but seems like Prada Pirelli didnt put a foot wrong in any one of 12 legs sailed today . (I mean can you "put a foot wrong" in water? )

Prada didn’t put a foot wrong all day. Two mistakes pre start made it easy for Prada. They were gifted covering positions on rectangular racecourse, with the boats being so close in speed it was going to take a huge effort to overtake.