America's Cup

D

Deleted member 16999

Does the America’s Cup have massive banners all over the venue saying Black Lives Matter etc? No they don’t.

So instead of questioning the RFU Policy or their direction to the players we are “ganging” up on another forum member to explain his views and then insult him.

That’s a form of bullying and blatant trolling looking for arguments which is against forum rules isn’t it?

Or are we saying 2Blue is to refrain from discussing any Sport without first condemning or praising the sportsmen taking part if they take the knee or not.

Maybe the posts discussing taking the knee in the America’s Cup thread should be removed like they were in the Rugby thread, otherwise it’s double standards.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Does the America’s Cup have massive banners all over the venue saying Black Lives Matter etc? No they don’t.

So instead of questioning the RFU Policy or their direction to the players we are “ganging” up on another forum member to explain his views and then insult him.

That’s a form of bullying and blatant trolling looking for arguments which is against forum rules isn’t it?

Or are we saying 2Blue is to refrain from discussing any Sport without first condemning or praising the sportsmen taking part if they take the knee or not.

Maybe the posts discussing taking the knee in the America’s Cup thread should be removed like they were in the Rugby thread, otherwise it’s double standards.
Are we not allowed to question anyone anymore?
2 Blue has repeatedly breated Sportsmen for not taking the knee when it's made quite clear that it is up to the individual how they choose to make the statement.
He's then asked about a sport he's interested in and has posted repeatedly about
A simple "no they don't and I wish they would" and thats the end of it.
Instead we get veiled "snowflake" references.
Its no different to the disagreements on the football thread.
He has the opportunity to close the discussion..

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I hadn't realised that you could only protest against racism if you had a BLM banner displayed, (or a kick it out, or equivalent). I thought that may be people could use what ever platform was available, if they thought strongly enough about it.
So a very well off sport, doesn't think it necessary, it's may be worth commenting on. I have no idea what opportunities exist in pro yachting for BAME people, but I am guessing it is somewhat limited.
2B is very vocal about supporting this cause. It seems that he is less concerned with respect to this sport. It does come across as odd.

D

Deleted member 16999

Are we not allowed to question anyone anymore?
2 Blue has repeatedly breated Sportsmen for not taking the knee when it's made quite clear that it is up to the individual how they choose to make the statement.
He's then asked about a sport he's interested in and has posted repeatedly about
A simple "no they don't and I wish they would" and thats the end of it.
Instead we get veiled "snowflake" references.
Its no different to the disagreements on the football thread.
He has the opportunity to close the discussion..
Question away, but surely it must be in the correct thread:unsure:

He commented on Rugby players, no other Sportsmen and what do you and the others want him to say? ie, “I love the America’s Cup but disappointed they aren’t taking the knee” Will that then get him the approval off forum members to post about the America’s Cup?

If he’s boring you, put him on ignore.

Is everyone now going to be held accountable in the same way?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think a comment about how it's a missed opportunity, and that as a sport it is thrilling, but could potentially be more inclusive, might have gone down better than petty insults.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Question away, but surely it must be in the correct thread:unsure:Direct reply to several posts on that thread

He commented on Rugby players, no other Sportsmen and what do you and the others want him to say? ie, “I love the America’s Cup but disappointed they aren’t taking the knee” Will that then get him the approval off forum members to post about the America’s Cup? It's all that's being asked. If he gives an answer I for one will respect it even if I don't necessarily agree with it

If he’s boring you, put him on ignore. He's not boring me, he's becoming a bore

Is everyone now going to be held accountable in the same way?Most people, when asked reasonably, will answer. With the answer comes clarity

D

Deleted member 16999

I think a comment about how it's a missed opportunity, and that as a sport it is thrilling, but could potentially be more inclusive, might have gone down better than petty insults.
I’d ask why it was mentioned on this thread in the first place, it wasn’t a post quoting or reply to 2Blue, it was simply point scoring, or trying to.

2Blue responded to the post and last posted in the “Taking the Knee Thread” 6 days ago, yet he’s the one boring people.

Unless people are purposely trying to inflame a thread, why not send him a pm? Isn’t that the go to answer on threads these days?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’d ask why it was mentioned on this thread in the first place, it wasn’t a post quoting or reply to 2Blue, it was simply point scoring, or trying to.

2Blue responded to the post and last posted in the “Taking the Knee Thread” 6 days ago, yet he’s the one boring people.

Unless people are purposely trying to inflame a thread, why not send him a pm? Isn’t that the go to answer on threads these days?

Fine, but having been raised, for whatever reason, a more balanced reply would have dealt with it, or, no reply at all.

D

Deleted member 16999

CaptainRon’s post this morning was a general comment in the wrong thread. So who was in the wrong?

He’s owes nobody on here anything! He can post what he likes so long as he stays withon the rules surely?

If people don’t question him, his answers won’t bore you!

Dress it up how you like, people are trying to catch him out.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Personally, I am interested in whether he takes the knee before every round of golf, but I haven't asked, I am not going to, and it's irrelevant at present since no one South of Scotland is playing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Fine, but having been raised, for whatever reason, a more balanced reply would have dealt with it, or, no reply at all.
Or no post or the mods step in and give a warning like they did on the Rugby thread.
Why does the solution sit with 2Blue?

D

Deleted member 16999

Personally, I am interested in whether he takes the knee before every round of golf, but I haven't asked, I am not going to, and it's irrelevant at present since no one South of Scotland is playing.
Wow, just Wow!

D

Deleted member 16999

To be fair, he started it and people are just calling him out for his own double standards.
He didn’t on this thread:unsure:

What double standard? He loves The America’s Cup and was annoyed over England Rugby players not taking the knee?

So if people have questions maybe they should ask for others to post their CV or maybe the issue is you seeing double standards when those who may know him have no doubts about his principles and outlook.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Question away, but surely it must be in the correct thread:unsure:
It's his/your choice as to which thread is the 'correct' thread!
But I certainly don't see the Americas Cup thread being a/the 'correct' thread!
Current holders are likely far more advanced in opportunity etc for ALL ethnicities!
I have no real idea why this particular issue is actually being brought up wrt the Americas Cup! Can you/someone please enlighten me! The local indigent population is certainly 'doing well' - probably as well as any in the world - and I have intimate, if perhaps outdated, knowledge of that!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

But I certainly don't see the Americas Cup thread being a/he 'correct' thread!
Current holders are likely far more advanced in opportunity etc for ALL ethnicities!
I have no real idea why this particular issue is actually being brought up wrt the Americas Cup! Can someone please enlighten me! The local indigent population is certainly doing well - probably as well as any in the world - and I have intimate, if perhaps outdated, knowledge of that!
Wrong! Taking the knee was last week brought up in the 6 Nations thread and the mods stepped in, removed the posts and said it should be discussed in the Taking the Knee thread! So their rules!

And it’s been brought up in this thread for one reason and one reason only, to catch out or embarrass 2Blue.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But I certainly don't see the Americas Cup thread being a/he 'correct' thread!
I have no real idea why this particular issue is actually being brought up wrt the Americas Cup! Can someone please enlighten me! The local indigent population is certainly doing well - probably as well as any in the world - and I have intimate, if perhaps outdated, knowledge of that!
Yeah, me also...... why I'm just leaving them to it..... I'm sure a Mod will tidy the tread when they have time.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah, me also...... why I'm just leaving them to it..... I'm sure a Mod will tidy the tread when they have time.
You’re white, privileged, middle class, blond haired, blue eyed of Anglo Saxon heritage aren’t you?;)