allignment..

bigfoot1985

Head Pro
Visit site
just recently when i have been playing my playing partner has said i always stand pointing to the right.. Problem is if i stand round i feel that im going to hit the ball left/hook..

I do tend to hit my shots right but because i point that way im obviously hitting them straight.

How can i correct this, is there any simple drills i can do to make sure im set up square??

MikeTimbers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Take some bamboo sticks to the range with you and point them at a target. Then try aligning to the sticks and try to hit the target. It's just confidence. You've got into a bad habit and it's affected your view of what you think you should be looking at when you play. You need to see that if you line up correctly, you will hit the right spot.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Heres a good way when you are playing:

Stand behind the ball and look at a line between the ball and your target.
Pick out an object like a blade of grass, divot etc that is a few feet infront of your ball on that line.
Place your clubface behind the ball and square with the object.
Align your feet and shoulders square to the clubface.

If you want to check your alignment then let go of the club with your right hand, lay your right forearm across your chest with your index finger pointing left. You should be pointing parallel left of the target with your finger.

Thats the way I do it and it works great for me.